cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 Version 3.00.10 & 3.00.13 - user test/report thread

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please check the product support page for your board and download Ai Suite 3.00.14 or 3.00.13 (if available).

If you have a Ryzen-based system:

Ai Suite 3.00.13 updated for compatibility with Ryzen power plans (no other changes):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14NC...ew?usp=sharing

Runit wrote:
but it did not break it was already broken

That does seem to be the case with EVERY piece of Asus software doesnt it, its constantly broken! Every update just breaks it further and introduces new issues that wasnt in prior version and most of the time doesnt address all the issues that are posted in the forums and sent to tech support.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

oXider
Level 7
My board is an X99-A/USB 3.1, no software is available on the support page, so no update AI SUITE. Is this the end? 🙂

oXider wrote:
My board is an X99-A/USB 3.1, no software is available on the support page, so no update AI SUITE. Is this the end? 🙂

Hi,
I do see software here for your board: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99AUSB_31/HelpDesk_Download/

and in fact the AI suite III update from 25-jan-2018 is here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AI_Suite_III_3.00.13_DIP5_1.05.14.zip?_ga=2.209836435.78...

And there is even a beta of the new bios that deals with Spectre/Meltdown microcode.

I hope this helps.

KR.
Sabertooth X99

herwig.lepla wrote:
Hi,
I do see software here for your board: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99AUSB_31/HelpDesk_Download/

and in fact the AI suite III update from 25-jan-2018 is here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AI_Suite_III_3.00.13_DIP5_1.05.14.zip?_ga=2.209836435.78...

And there is even a beta of the new bios that deals with Spectre/Meltdown microcode.

I hope this helps.

KR.

Thanks! i must have checked when they were updating the page, now i see the downloads as well 😄

Off to update, cheers!

oXider wrote:

Deleted...

Mergatroid
Level 7
I have just done a fresh, clean installation of Windows 10 Spring 2018 Creators update from a newly formatted hard drive on a Sabertooth Z87.

After installing my video card drivers, I installed the newest AI Suite, and although it's controlling my fans fine, it is making Assist Fan 1 not work at all, and Assist Fan 2 is running at full speed all the time. All the options for those two fans are greyed out. I can't do anything with them in the AI Suite.

Come on guys, this is the most expensive main board I have ever purchased for one of my own personal computers. How can I ever justify purchasing another high-end ASUS motherboard if you guys can't even get the fan software to stay working?

With some hints from another user, I have created a Frankenstein installation. I started with an old version he linked me to (VER10056), and installed everything and rebooted. I then installed version V3.00.13_0329, rebooted and then uninstalled everything but Thermal Radar that was installed by the previous version. When used it generates access violation errors, so I installed the Beta V20180213, rebooted and then uninstalled the Intelligent Processors and rebooted again leaving only the Thermal Radar installed. This works with some glitches. When I use the tuning feature in Thermal Radar, some of the fan names are partially replaced by a Chinese script. When I allow the tuning to run, it works but when it completes, it gets never ending Access Violation errors. If you close AI Suite in Task Manager, and reboot, it remembers the tuned settings and seems to control everything properly. I have not yet seen any further errors.

No thanks to ASUS.

It's amazing the other user was able to give me any links at all since I can't find any of this software on the Sabertooth Z87 download page. It's like all the Z87 utilities have just disappeared.

What did I pay all that extra money for when I purchased a premium product from ASUS? I could have gotten a good motherboard for half the price or less, and I bet the fan software would still be working.

I am not happy with ASUS at all. You guys have had months to correct this. I think you have lost a customer here. Next time I upgrade my gaming rig, I'm most likely going to pick out an MSI or Gigabyte motherboard specifically because it seems I can't trust ASUS to keep their apps running. I have been a good ASUS customer for over a decade.

There is no way I should have to work like a slave to get this absolute trash software working.

This is not the way to retain your customers.

When can I expect a version for the Z87 that actually works? Actually controls the assist fans? I'm not going to hold my breath.

Abaidor
Level 9
I am using the latest AI 3.00.13 with Asus Rampage VI Extreme and while the software works there is a bug that deletes my custom profiles every now and then.

It also looks like even if I enter the BIOS without changing anything Fan Expert still needs to be re-run and/or my custom profiles are gone.

I see that this bug exists since last year e.g. look at this thread:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90675-Software-BUG-AI-Suite-3-(Fan-Xpert-4)

It looks like I am going to order an Aquaero after all but I hoped that Asus Flagship motherboard would be enough.

I don't expect this to be solved and since I have 18 Fans + Dual pumps to manage re-running Fan-Expert is getting ridiculous and a waste of time. I am just reporting it just in case + more nagging is better.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

oXider
Level 7
aaaaand it works! thanks again for the help! Props to ASUS for supporting such an old MoBo! 😄

Conenubi701
Level 7
Still waiting on an update for the Z97 Maximus Gene VII Board for AI Suite 3

@raja

Amsterdam
Level 9
Such remarkable to see that nothing has changed. people still complaining, and Raja - Tech Marketing Manager HQ - only replies if there’s something worthy. lol....