cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 stoped working after W10 Fall Creators Update

JoseT
Level 7
Hello.

RVE motherboard, W10 Pro. Latest AI Suite 3 downloaded from MB support page, runing smoothly... until today.

W10 decided to update itself to the Fall Creators Update. After rebooting some times, system start, I entered Windows and some error messages pop about AI suite 3 unable to start.

Rebooted the PC, but the same error messages were still there.

Tried to re-install AI Suite 3, but as soon as I double-click the installer exe, nothing happens. No error message, no new window. Nothing.

Then I tried to uninstall first AI Suite 3. Same result. The uninstalling never started.

So booted in safe mode, deleted all the ASUS folders in programs files and program data, executed the AI3Cleaner downloaded from this forum, reboted in normal mode, downloaded again latest AI Suite 3 version for my MB from the official suport page, extracted it and unblocked and marked "run as administrator" in the 39 executable files containted in it.

The result is excatly the same as the very first attempt to install it. It seems that installation would like to start... but nothing happens, installation never start.

I've gone back after my steps a couple of times, just in check if I missed something in the process, and done it all again. But still same results.

I don't know if there is some kind of compatibility problem between AI Suite 3 for RVE and Windows 10 fall creators update. Please, any help would be appreciated.
82 REPLIES 82

Dude1070
Level 8
Thanks for sharing. I just tried the version from my MB site and it worked for me

I have emailed Asus in hopes of getting some kind of official response. I will report back about this once I hear from them.

I have the same issue with Maximus IX Hero on Windows 10 Pro. I had no issue installing it on the previous version of Windows last week (Creators update), but when I tried installing it today on a clean install of Windows 10 Fall Creators, it wouldn't lunch (it just shows an icon on the taskbar and then stops). I tried installing two different versions (1.01.56 and 2.00.14), but no luck. I already submitted a ticket with Asus support. I was able to install other drivers without any issue.

Does anybody know if Asus released a response for this issue?

UPDATE 10/23/2017:
Asus support can't seem to resolve this issue (got email responses from 2 different techs). They asked me to whitelist the install files in the firewall, which didn't do anything, and copy pasted some driver installation FAQ, which didn't do anything as well. Until Asus comes up with a patch, I guess everything will have to be done in the BIOS.

UPDATE 10/27/2017:
This is how you fix it (from page 4):

sevpl wrote:
I also had a problem installing the application on a fresh system.

A solution that helped me:
Right click the zip file and hit properties.
At the bottom click the "Unblock" check box then hit OK.

Unzip the zip and run AsusSetup.exe as Administrator. You must unblock the ZIP before you extract the files.

The response from Asus so far for me was just to try and help me get it uninstalled.

First they directed me to use the Windows Add/Remove programs to uninstall it (which essentially ignored what I had written to them letting them know that it would not uninstall or reinstall through normal methods).

Second they recommended that I use a 3rd party application to remove it. Revo Uninstaller. I downloaded the free trial of the "Pro" version and used that to get rid of any trace of AI Suite 3 off my system. It did not find it all initially by just telling it to remove AI Suite 3 from the list of installed programs. I ended up having to have it search the Asus installation folder using the "Advanced" search. Eventually all registry entries and the software itself was removed.

They recommended a 3rd method... which was to completely reinstall Windows. Which I wasn't about to do and that seemed pretty extreme just to get their software uninstalled.

That was it. They did not say anything about the second part of my original question about whether or not they would release an updated version that would work or if there was a way to get it working in the meanwhile. I emailed them back again asking about a future release that will work, but have yet to get a response from that email.

I just installed this update yesterday and haven't had time to notice but I have the same issue. This update borked both my computers - changed network discovery settings, killed all my ASUS everything software for all hardware and peripherals, etc. I've tried the suggestion here and that other version doesn't work either on my Win10 pro 64 bit.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Not that I condone this software but did you try uninstalling, registry sweep with Ccleaner and reinstalling? In finding nearly everything has be be reinstalled after updating making me wish I had just done a clean install and been done with it.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Keybaud wrote:
The W10 Fall Creastors Update destroyed my profile and I had to reinstall from scratch, after which AI Suite won't install. I get an icon on the tasbar very briefly that looks like a Roman helmet, before it vanishes...

I'm getting the same icon. And then nothing...

JustinThyme wrote:
Not that I condone this software but did you try uninstalling, registry sweep with Ccleaner and reinstalling? In finding nearly everything has be be reinstalled after updating making me wish I had just done a clean install and been done with it.*

I clean installed Windows 10 Fall Creators and having the same issue.

Asus replied back again. They are apparently looking into the issue more in-depth and will be getting back to me within the next 48 hours. So, hopefully we will get some information and/or updated software installs that WILL work with Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update).

JohnnyGFX wrote:
Asus replied back again. They are apparently looking into the issue more in-depth and will be getting back to me within the next 48 hours. So, hopefully we will get some information and/or updated software installs that WILL work with Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update).

waiting sooner

JoseT
Level 7
Keybaud wrote:
The W10 Fall Creastors Update destroyed my profile and I had to reinstall from scratch, after which AI Suite won't install. I get an icon on the tasbar very briefly that looks like a Roman helmet, before it vanishes...

That was exactly what I found after upgrading Windows 10 to FCU.

JustinThyme wrote:

It doesn't worked for me, as I told in the first post of this thread.

Otets wrote:
installed a clean Creator. Installed Asus AI Suit3 V2.00.09.
Error on startup (screen)

Now that you've found a version that allows you to install AI Suite 3, have you tried to do this:
JoseT wrote:
I found a solution that worked for me.
The installer of this one finally worked for me. But this version gave me some fails. Visual c++ errors while opening AI Suite 3 that don't let me use the mode selector buttons on DIP, neither the fan position buttons on Fan Xpert. And didn't save my Fan Xpert settings when rebooting. So this version is totally uselles for me... but at least the installer worked.

So I went back again to my MB support page (in my case, https://www.asus.com/es/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREMEU31/HelpDesk_Download/ ) and downloaded the latest AI Suite 3 version for my MB. Version 1.01.01... from 2015/09/09. A bit old version... made me fill abandoned from ASUS.

Again, downloaded the compressed file, right click on it and "unlock". Once unlocked, extract it. But don't install this version. Just enter on the unziped folder, sellect all the folders on it from all the programs (in my case, folders DIP, AI Charger+, Push Notice, System Information, USB Boost, Wifi engine, USB Charger+ and USB BIOS Flashback) except the AI Suite 1.01.01 folder.

Now copy them and paste in the AI Suite 3. 2.00.13 folder you used to install it before (previous delete folders of the same aplications on it... I mean, delete the "DIP" folder on AI Suite 3 2.00.13 before pasting the "DIP" folder you have copied from the latest version for your MB).

Now you have your MB "latest official aplications" within the AI Suite 3 2.00.13 installer.

Again, install it. The installer will probably say that you don't have to install all this applications because you already have the same version or even a newer one (as DIP in my case). But sellect it all and install them.

After doing all this and rebooting, AI Suite 3 worked aceptably in my PC. It has some UI errors (AI Suite 2.00.13 doesn't seem to have all the icons for all the programs included for my MB in AI Suite 3 1.01.01) but every program within it (DIP, Fan Xpert, Wifi engine... ) works.

It worked for me.

And it's a sollution, until ASUS releases (I wish they do) a newer version addressing all this compatibility issues witht Windows 10 FCU