cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 / Problems uninstalling

ETX808
Level 7
I recently upgraded my system from a Maximus VI Formula to an MSI x99 board. Unfortunately I didn't uninstall AI Suite 3 before the upgrade. When I try to uninstall through the control panel nothing happens, likewise if I click on 'Uninstall AI Suite 3' from the Start Screen.

There was a cleaner posted here on the board, but as far as I understood, that only cleans up the leftovers after a regular uninstall, is that correct?

I also tried reinstalling, in the hopes that I could then uninstall, but same thing happens. Click on Setup.exe or AsusSetup.exe and nothing happens (I presume this is because I don't have the ASUS board installed any more).

Is there any way to remove it apart from refreshing the system? Possibly any third-party tools that could do the job?
6 REPLIES 6

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The AI Suite cleaner utility is for use after the normal uninstall. You could try Revo Uninstaller. Otherwise reinstall the operating system.

Praz wrote:
Hello

The AI Suite cleaner utility is for use after the normal uninstall. You could try Revo Uninstaller. Otherwise reinstall the operating system.

After the normal uninstall, the AI Suite cleaner utility gave me error code 5 access denied. Any idea what this means?

MilpitasMetiche wrote:
After the normal uninstall, the AI Suite cleaner utility gave me error code 5 access denied. Any idea what this means?

Humor is found ... Whatever, I tried The Revo Cleaner but it leaves a Suite III directory in place although it is empty. I retried the "Sweet" cleaner in Safe Mode. Got one error but no access denied at least. The ending message said tout suite all gone. Again, whatever. I'm extremely disappointed and disheartened by the whole suite episode. One worries about a "fan control error" being an issue once one starts to overclock. Worst of all, it appears that 2013 was when ASUS last paid any attention to this issue. I'll admit that I bought the Maximus VI Formula board in 2014 and didn't build the machine until 2015 but seriously that's a fairly short time span to maintain active interest in a product. Worst of all, the software is apparently still the latest and greatest. So much for humor. Posted in the AI Suite III thread and in this thread with no response. I guess I'll try the actual support routine and see what happens. My expectations are greatly lowered now. At least I had the opportunity to find the Windows 8.1 safe mode routine which is buried and hidden in the latest incarnation. The "unblocking" method that was bandied about here is also now different in 8.1. Is there any chance that the "path" has been walked? Ha ha ....

Make sure to run it as Administrator.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As I wrote above reinstall the operating system or contact ASUS support for your location at ASUS.com.

Before bothering support I thought why not give it one more try so I reinstalled Ai Suite 3 using the support disk supplied with the mobo rather than the version on the support download page as the date was newer on the disk. I'm encouraged to say that Suite III is functioning at the moment. For whomever is interested, I used Revo uninstaller Pro, the 30 day trial version, which I followed up by using the Ai Suite III cleaner in safe mode under Windows 8.1 full. Honestly, I wish I knew what happened. I don't know but the reinstall worked. Obviously, I'm not an expert so this info is for those like myself who struggle through this problem. I'm thinking the safe mode helped but I did two uninstalls so who knows and the ai cleaner did give an error message after using revo. Whatever! It sure took some time to get this far and I'm happy to say that the fan control error messages haven't returned.