cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 keeps changing power plan

Steve06
Level 8
Hi there,
I recently got myself the ASUS TUF Gaming B660-Plus WIFI D4 motherboard together with an Intel i7-12700 CPU.

I'm running Windows 11 and installed Armoury Crate as well as AI Suite 3.

I'm not into overclocking, at the contrary, I'm into saving energy consumption with that machine and always run it using the "power saver" power plan in Windows.

I like to have my display off time set at 5 minutes, sleep at 15, and hibernate after 30 minutes.

What I noticed is that the power plan is always being changed to hibernate = never.

I suspect it's AI Suite 3 that's doing that!

Is this a feature or a bug or a matter of settings?

Please advice what I can do besides uninstalling AI Suite 3.

Best regards
8 REPLIES 8

cekeu
Level 12
Try adjusting it in Windows 11 > Menu > Settings > Power On/Off
Or > Menu > All Applications > Windows Tools, then double click on Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options and choose or customize your power management mode
Disable the management mode of Ai suite if possible (personally I haven't used Ai suite for a very long time)

Hello and thanks for your input.

Of course, I changed (and keep changing) my power plan in order to reflect the desired hibernation time of 30 minutes, but it's getting reset to "never" all the time, and the only plausible culprit is AI Suite 3.

You write
cekeu wrote:

Disable the management mode of Ai suite if possible (personally I haven't used Ai suite for a very long time)

Where can I do that? I do not find where to change such a setting in AI Suite 3.

Steve06 wrote:
Hello and thanks for your input.

Of course, I changed (and keep changing) my power plan in order to reflect the desired hibernation time of 30 minutes, but it's getting reset to "never" all the time, and the only plausible culprit is AI Suite 3.

You write

Where can I do that? I do not find where to change such a setting in AI Suite 3.

Sorry I don't know if we can disable the hibernation timer in ai suite

Does running AI Suite 3 provide any advantages in terms of efficiency (power consumption) over just uninstalling it and relying on BIOS settings?

Any further ideas anyone else regarding my initial question?

Steve06 wrote:
Does running AI Suite 3 provide any advantages in terms of efficiency (power consumption) over just uninstalling it and relying on BIOS settings?

Any further ideas anyone else regarding my initial question?

Frankly, for my personal experience, ai suite 3 is an eye-flattering gadget. The ideal for a high stability of the system is to use in the Bios the setting options proposed for the CPU, the Ram and the fans, it is less sexy than ai suite 3 but it is much more stable and you you won't have any bad surprises

Remember to run Ai suite cleaner after uninstalling Ai suite in Apps & Features, You will find Ai suite Cleaner for download in ArmouryCrate > Tools > Individual Kit

BigJohnny
Level 13
Personally Id just use the BIOS if you are using the fan headers and windows power plan. Not a fan of AI suite. Something about making writes to BIOS while the machine is in the OS just doesnt go over well with me. I dont sleep or hiberbate on a desktop or turn the display off. When I'm done I shut it down.

Admiralgeneral
Level 7

Same thing here. After I Uninstalled Ai suite3 it didn't change my power settings anymore. 

Great success 👍 

GODMASTER841
Level 7

hello my friend 
i have your problem same and after some live chat i finally find that 
is here what microsoft live chat support give me and is work for me 
Then enter this code in cmd admin :
powercfg /query

powercfg /query 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e 238c9fa8-0aad-41ed-83f4-97be242c8f20
after right click  you see a lot number and code dont worry you need to restart and done 
cmd can fix 99% of problems 
have a good week

GODMASTER841