cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 crashes when clicking on SPD tab viewing system info

AliAPCMR
Level 9
My bios is the latest version, and I have updated windows to the latest version. Additional Ai suite is the latest version to, but every time I click on system information and the tab that says SPD Ai suite crashes. This use to work I have made zero changes to the system, I only updated the bios and windows version to latest version to try an eliminate the issue. Thank you, I removed the serial no from the image for any security issues. 87060
12 REPLIES 12

pharma
Level 9
No issues here viewing SPD tab. Using DIP 5 version 2.00.55, AI Suite version 3.00.69 on Windows 7 64-bit.
Used primarily for Fan Xpert 3.

pharma wrote:
No issues here viewing SPD tab. Using DIP 5 version 2.00.55, AI Suite version 3.00.69 on Windows 7 64-bit.
Used primarily for Fan Xpert 3.

Yup, I used to use AI Suite, etc. but after some time, maybe half a year or so, problems almost always start. Armoury Crate, Aura, etc., too are often fine for a bit but then stop working well, sometimes altogether.

Fans can be controlled from the Bios, no problem. I have three rigs with Asus motherboards and no Asus software in any of them--except for the Bioses. There has been no need for any of that software whatsoever.

Super Gnome wrote:
Yup, I used to use AI Suite, etc. but after some time, maybe half a year or so, problems almost always start. Armoury Crate, Aura, etc., too are often fine for a bit but then stop working well, sometimes altogether.

Fans can be controlled from the Bios, no problem. I have three rigs with Asus motherboards and no Asus software in any of them--except for the Bioses. There has been no need for any of that software whatsoever.

You have summarized my experience with AI Suite. Same thing happens. Problems arise. I waste time trying to identify the source. Eventually resort to clean Windows reinstall. Then same thing happens. AI Suite will make your life miserable.