cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A suggestion to everyone having problems with ASUS software. Try this!

BeardedBaker
Level 7
So I've spent the last few weeks getting my computer back in order after a rebuilt and reinstall of Windows. Prior to this I had been having trouble with the ASUS software, AI Suite had stopped working at some point, throwing asio.sys errors when trying to open. Not much rgb on my rig but aura and livedash would also either refuse to open or give error messages or even bsod the machine. So I decided I would clean install and start fresh. I did a reinstall, and then another, and another, and set system restore after system restore and yet I was still met with constant errors and crashes from the asus software. Primarily the COM, fan, and system drivers would cause the system to crash whenever I was running argus monitor for fan control (I had kinda sworn off ai suite a while back). Finally on my 4th reinstall and 53rd system restore I noticed that when my computer crashed it wasn't blue screening, just freezing and rebooting, and also not writing out any crash dumps.

After doin a little research I was checking the crash handler registry entry when I notice another entry for "Guarded Host" and one of the keys was something like 'disablecrashdumps' I recalled that being a windows add-on package so I went to "add or remove packages" and sure enough I had the box checked for guarded host. I unchecked it and rebooted and would you believe that everything just worked now. All the software worked together, no crashes, no errors, everything running all at once, totally copacetic. So if you're like me and you want to try out stuff that you maybe aren't sure what it does, do yourself a favor and make sure you're got the guarded host add-on turned off before you start taking drastic measures.

Tl:dr: In control panel>programs>add or remove windows features>uncheck "Guarded Host" if it is checked. It may solve all of your problems and make ASUS software tolerable again.
0 REPLIES 0