cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.07.66 Doesn't Work

Dicehunter
Level 10
Updated to the latest Aura version from 1.07.60 to 1.07.66 and it simply doesn't work on the Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Went back to 1.07.60 and it now isn't working either.

Another case of Asus' marvellous software, Only works half the time.

EDIT

I just get this window now, Doesn't matter which version I use, It was working fine up until yesterday and for some reason it decided to bug out, FYI I haven't updated anything on my system.

35 REPLIES 35

mstone117 wrote:
Wow I actually got mine working again. Had the same problem just like all of you, AuraService is unavailable. I actually ended up using the lighting control/AuraService from my GSkill RAM here. All i did was without even rebooting is go to the download folder of your Aura software (Lighting Control_1.07.66), open the LightingService folder and double click AuraServiceSetup.exe to uninstall it, then go to the GSkill folder after doing the unblock method and unzipping it and install the lighting control from there. Worked for me at least. Hope it helps someone.

Okay, I've tried this method. So basically I got the message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator." but I extracted with windows extractor, unblocked it. No, any other RBG software was installed.

After that, I've tried the Lighting Royal Control because they are saying that they know the issue with "administrator bla bla" and forwarding to Royal control. I've managed to open the app but it's not effecting on my RAM RGB and also there is no control for motherboard obviously.

What bios version you are on? I also have XI but Formula instead of Hero, maybe they are the same and I could try to downgrade and launch AURA.
I'm on newest one 1105 which been released a few days ago.

impas1k wrote:
Okay, I've tried this method. So basically I got the message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator." but I extracted with windows extractor, unblocked it. No, any other RBG software was installed.

After that, I've tried the Lighting Royal Control because they are saying that they know the issue with "administrator bla bla" and forwarding to Royal control. I've managed to open the app but it's not effecting on my RAM RGB and also there is no control for motherboard obviously.

What bios version you are on? I also have XI but Formula instead of Hero, maybe they are the same and I could try to downgrade and launch AURA.
I'm on newest one 1105 which been released a few days ago.

P.S.
I've managed to install older lightingservices from AURA 10.07.55 but the result was the same. (lightingservices 3.3.38.0)

But when I was trying to install lightingservices from GSKILL (3.2.24.0) folder and LiveDash 1.04.12 (lighting services 3.3.9.0) I was getting "administrator" message and installation didn't come thru.

cajudoido
Level 9
I had this problem too (with 1903 update), and after a LONG session of try and error I was able to make it work. Here's what I did:

• First download RevoUninstaller, you can use the portable version
  • Launch the RevoUninstaller and go to options and check "show system components"
  • Uninstall all Asus Aura software components, including Kingtson, Galaxy, Patriot, Corsair aura related. For most of them there are two options, one with the blue box icon and the other with blue old computer icon, choose the blue older computer icon.
  • Uninstall the ENE software too
  • Uninstall the LiveDash
  • After uninstall all software, go to Windows services (type services on the taskbar) and check if Asus COM services still exists. If they do, stop them and kill the process on the task manager.
  • Run CMD as administrator and execute the following commands "sc delete asComSvc" and "sc delete asHmComSvc" (may not exist).
  • Delete these following folders if exists: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS", "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService", "C:\Program Files (x86)\ENE", "C:\Program Files\ASUS", "C:\Program Files\ENE"
  • This step is optional, but I also ran the Ccleaner to clear registry.
  • Check if there are .xml files on root of C: drive. Open those files and check if they say Asus Aura (or something similar) at the top. If they do, delete them.
  • Restart the PC
  • Install Aura

After all that I think you have a good chance to work =). I think the main issue for this problem rely on the Asus COM services and previous LightningService profiles that may cause Aura to not work properly.

cajudoido wrote:
I had this problem too (with 1903 update), and after a LONG session of try and error I was able to make it work. Here's what I did:

• Launch the RevoUninstaller and go to options and check "show system components"
  • Uninstall all Asus Aura software components, including Kingtson, Galaxy, Patriot, Corsair aura related. For most of them there are two options, one with the blue box icon and the other with blue old computer icon, choose the blue older computer icon.
  • Uninstall the LiveDash
  • After uninstall all software, go to Windows services (type services on the taskbar) and check if Asus COM services still exists. If they do, stop them and kill the process on the task manager.
  • Run CMD as administrator and execute the following commands "sc delete asComSvc" and "sc delete asHmComSvc" (may not exist).
  • Delete these following folders if exists: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS", "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService", "C:\Program Files (x86)\ENE", "C:\Program Files\ASUS", "C:\Program Files\ENE"
  • Check if there are .xml files on root of C: drive. Open those files and check if they say Asus Aura (or something similar) at the top. If they do, delete them.
  • Restart the PC
  • Install Aura

After all that I think you have a good chance to work =). I think the main issue for this problem rely on the Asus COM services and previous LightningService profiles that may cause Aura to not work properly.

what is EN.
I think the issue is that live dash and aura have the same install programs. both runs aura components. i check. i will try maybe today since i get on the mail the 360rad from asus. Here is what i think. Since the use of livedash on non ausus board, need the aura application to change colors on the aio. these is like loading again the app. Can anyone chech the difference on both. Or asus need to load a application of life dash, for example, that cuts the aura files if aura is install.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

cajudoido wrote:

• Uninstall the LiveDash
  • Restart the PC
  • Install Aura

God bless you, man! This instruction should be in Asus aura download center.
Probably you were right about COM service.

But now another issue appeared, LiveDash doesn't want to launch and giving "administrator" error. But I'm fine with that for now. I've set what I need before.

impas1k wrote:
God bless you, man! This instruction should be in Asus aura download center.
Probably you were right about COM service.

But now another issue appeared, LiveDash doesn't want to launch and giving "administrator" error. But I'm fine with that for now. I've set what I need before.

I will try today or next week.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

cajudoido wrote:

• Uninstall the LiveDash
  • Restart the PC
  • Install Aura

Thanks for all your effort, but after doing all this I'm still getting the 'Aura service is unavailable' message.
I'm really sick and tired of wasting hours and hours on this.

cajudoido wrote:

• Uninstall the LiveDash
  • Restart the PC
  • Install Aura

Thank you man, this finally did the job. I'm really curious about the actual culprit here; Maybe deleting the two services via cmd was crucial to a proper reinstall of aura. btw:
1) asHmComSvc was indeed present in my case
2) I did not delete either ASUS folders in respective Program Files, as there are other software folders present inside. It worked anyway! Thanks again.

cajudoido wrote:

• Uninstall the LiveDash
  • Restart the PC
  • Install Aura

Good evening. Thanks - your recipe helped.
The program works, but sees only MB (R5E10) - does not find the video card (RTX2080-O8G-GAMING).

cajudoido wrote:

• Uninstall the LiveDash
  • Restart the PC
  • Install Aura

Sadly this didn't work for me...
BIOS 2003 Maximus X Formula... I even try a CMOS which fixed LiveDash App. but not this... I keep getting the aura service issue.:(
ASUS Products: Maximus X Formula - RT-AC87U/AC88U