cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****** Xpert deletes profiles during update.

vulcan78
Level 9

First, it's so cute that the moderators here deleted my last post because I included the use of expletives, interesting because the expletives in question are completely censored by your web portal and do not appear uncensored to the general public, so why was my post deleted exactly? 

I'm getting tired of the frequent updates to Fan Xpert, before the updates were optional and you could continue to use the software without updating and now a change was made to Crap Armooouury that makes it so you cannot use the software unless updating. There was a Fan Xpert update 3 days ago, I obliged, no problem, then again, less than 3 days later another "mandatory" update, I obliged and it nuked all of my fan profile settings and I had to spend a good 45 minutes re-tuning the fans (two radiators, 13 fans in total, 2x D5 pumps). 

This keeps happening, you refuse to respond to feedback and force useless updates down our throats and then go out of your way to delete our posts complaining about problems citing the use of profanity when said profanity is completely censored to the viewing public.

This will be the last Asus product I ever buy. Tired of the frequent pointless updates. Tired of Fan Xpert deleting my profiles. I must spend 5 hours a year resetting the fan speed of all the fans thanks to your incompetence. 

Z690 Strix Gaming D4

5 REPLIES 5

vulcan78
Level 9

I just updated Fan Xpert today and now after restarting the PC it's telling me another update is required to access the software, so basically your garbage software is bugged and every time I open it now it redownloads an update and deletes all of my profiles. Golf clap. 

ferradian
Level 7

I am facing the same problem as well. I just found out that ASUS actually resets the fan speed table every time it updates Fan Xpert. You can look up at the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService), there are a few previous versions of the Fan Xpert folders. I tried copy two of the files which contain the fan curves and RPM tabulation (FanInfo.data & FanStore.xml) and paste it to the folder with the latest version, then restart my machine. It works perfectly fine just like before. Give it a try. Hope this helps the rest too.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 214111.pngNote that the two files which contain the fan data will have a different time stamp from the rest of the filesNote that the two files which contain the fan data will have a different time stamp from the rest of the files

Strix Z690-A Gaming D4 too

Seriously thank-you for this information, I will back up these files but this is ridiculous that the software just nukes your profiles upon updating, which as I stated, seems to happen on a near weekly basis.

My question to Asus is, as I see no changes to Fan Xpert, why are there constant updates being rolled out and why are they now required to even access the software? 

I was prompted to update Fan Xpert and literally 3 days later another update was required to use the software. This is a now year old platform (Z690), why is this software being updated so frequently, why does it nuke our profiles, and why must we now update before accessing said software whereas heretofore an update was optional and we could, with our dilligence, not having any issues, elect NOT to update and still use the current version of the software without issue? 

Seriously this is ridiculous and it was the fact that Armoooury Crap was the UI based control system on the ROG Ally that prevented me from getting that device as a Steam Deck owner. That and the absence of track-pads and gyro based controls and of course the abomination adware / spyware known as Windows 11 but it's experiences like this that when I invariably upgrade every 3-5 years will weigh heavily on my purchasing decision as to which motherboard I choose etc. 

Right now I will not be staying with Asus, again, please with all seriousness, WHY DOES FAN XPERT DELETE OUR PROFILES WHEN IT UPDATES, WHY ARE THERE UPDATES BEING ROLLED OUT LITERALLY 3 DAYS APART, WHY MUST WE UPDATE TO CONTINUE TO USE THE SOFTWARE?

5 folders worth of two files backed up, that was a totally fun waste of 10 minutes of my life because Asus is not competent enough / has not figured out how to update their software without deleting the profiles of the software on the user's end nor do they care at all about wasting our time, don't interface with the public, admit incompetence to issues like this and strive to resolve them, no they just ignore and keep raising their prices with a straight face.

Asus, you're not the only hardware manufacturer in town, if your software is garbage I have exactly zero reason to remain with you.

Having to do the CAPTCA puzzle just to edit this comment is so much additional fun, I think I'm not only done with Asus but this web-portal. 

What a complete joke. 

yeniceri44
Level 7

Not only keeps deleting my fan profiles, but also i cant use argus monitor fan program. Before i was using another brand mobo and argus monitor for my fans. But now fanxpert not allowing to use argus monitor even it is off mode. Argus monitor throw errors related fanxpert.