cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is with Armory Crate?

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
First it wont and never has kept the color scheme after restart and the program wont start with Winows and I cant see any way to make it do so. Its annoying as hell to have to launch it after every restart to make the custom LED settings I have take effect. Otherwise its just plain blueish xolor. This will be the last Asus motherboard I ever buy.
9 REPLIES 9

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Did i mention the consrant updates that dont do anything but require a system restart too?

SMOKESKULL wrote:
Did i mention the consrant updates that dont do anything but require a system restart too?

Oh that always gets me! It requires an update almost every time I run it (I try to keep away from it as much as possible), and the update NEVER addresses any functionality related to whatever ASUS hardware I have.

Motherboard has different zones and RGB headers? Tough luck, you cannot control each zone individually, it's all or nothing (although SOME devices like my ROG Gladius II Origin and my Strix 3090 *do* allow for individual configuration). In the old Win32 Aura Sync you could at least specify different solid colors (but NOT different effects, which is just BASIC functionality anyway) to each motherboard zone, RGB header, etc

If there is one constant throughout the Internet - save for a handful of deluded vanilla users - is people complaining how bad (and also bloated in the case of the UWP version of Armoury Crate) ASUS software is. It's been like this since forever, along with the complete lack of response from ASUS itself on this forums to user issues.

The only thing saving ASUS is that their hardware is actually (usually!) pretty damn good!

JcRabbit wrote:
complete lack of response from ASUS itself on this forums to user issues.

MasterC maintains a report thread at the top of this sub-forum:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127088-Armoury-Create-v5-0-11-0-Report-here-if-any-issues

But for the most part this is supposed to be a community forum. ASUS only guarantees support/communication through its official support channels: phone, live chat, email. Any individual thread on this forum is unlikely to receive a reply because the employees that visit here have other jobs.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
But for the most part this is supposed to be a community forum. ASUS only guarantees support/communication through its official support channels: phone, live chat, email. Any individual thread on this forum is unlikely to receive a reply because the employees that visit here have other jobs.

How about hiring someone (or even a small team) to deal **exclusively** with the forums and serve as a liaison between users and devs then? Not like it's going to break Asus bank, plus other companies (e.g. CoolerMaster, etc) do it in sites like Reddit (and Corsair on their own forums, etc).

Yeah, I know none of those companies are perfect either (who is?) but something is always better than nothing.

It makes a HUGE difference to user satisfaction knowing that they are being heard instead of ignored and that things are actually being done or looked at - sometimes can be the difference between saying a company sucks and praising it to high heaven.

But a company as to actually CARE about their users and how they are perceived as a company in order to do this, of course.

JcRabbit wrote:
How about hiring someone (or even a small team) to deal **exclusively** with the forums

I'm not sure. I'm not privy to the minds of ASUS executives. It could be they feel they already offer 3 official support channels so why add more? I personally feel like it could be beneficial because there are some discussions/interactions that benefit from a persistent medium and being public but I also understand it's not the same as sub-contracting support calls if that is what you understand.

FWIW, I have been here a long time and there is definitely more ASUS presence here than there was just a few years back. So it may be slow but I think things are moving in the right direction.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
FWIW, I have been here a long time and there is definitely more ASUS presence here than there was just a few years back. So it may be slow but I think things are moving in the right direction.

Yes, I have to admit that after my last post here I went to the 'Hardware & Software Support" group and noticed that, at least for some threads related to the new Z690 motherboards/hardware, you could definitely see the presence of some ASUS people.

On the other hand my simple post on the 'ROG AIO Cooling' group remains unanswered after a whole week (and these ROG RyyJin II 360 AIOs are not exactly cheap either) lol

pndiode
Level 11
ASUS utilities software jury/jimmy rigged full featured version and combined with bloatware.

GettnBetter
Level 9
I had to disable armory crate in the BIOS and uninstall it on my Z490-E. It conflicts with and or doesn't play well with G.Skill RGB memory. At first I thought it was the G.Skill but in fact, my rig works absolutely flawless now with the G.Skill lighting control without any armory. BUT, the Strix mobo RGB stuff is lit up like a Christmas tree so I just put tape over it. Done and done. Also, the armory crate causes huge shutdown delays, it's a pig

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Now that is finished, what do you have? A laptop, a prebuilt desktop, or a custom built PC?