cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We should be allowed to install the AC version that best fit our system

JayRos
Level 9
If you visit this forum, or reddit, or YouTube, you'll see everyone agree: Armoury Crate is a mess.
Probably one of the worst apps ever developed. But, for the people who uses a ROG or TUF laptop, there's no alternative, you have to instal it to control your system fans and keyboard lights.

So, we should have the option to install the version that better fits our system. We shouldn't be forced to update to the latests version. And if we updated to the latest version and we see that it's not working correctly, we should be able to go back to the previous version.

Version 5.X.X.X.X has been a horrible mess for my laptop, either on Windows 10 or Windows 11. I wish I could go back to Armoury Crate 4.X.X.X.X. The latests AC 4 was working perfect on my TUF FX505 laptop.

Why is so hard to let us go back to an older version? Any way to force the latests version 4 to install on our system? 😞
4 REPLIES 4

thisisrasper
Level 7
I'm feeling you man, removing AC since we moved to 5.X has been the best move I've made.
0 performance issues since.

It's such a shame it's so bad.

thisisrasper wrote:
I'm feeling you man, removing AC since we moved to 5.X has been the best move I've made.
0 performance issues since.

It's such a shame it's so bad.

Sadly, it's not possible to remove Armoury Crate from a laptop. You can't control the lights of your laptop keyboard without that app. And the Silent, Performance, and Turbo profiles of Armoury Crate are kind of essential for a laptop.

I wish they could allow us to go back to the latest version 4.

JayRos wrote:
Sadly, it's not possible to remove Armoury Crate from a laptop. You can't control the lights of your laptop keyboard without that app. And the Silent, Performance, and Turbo profiles of Armoury Crate are kind of essential for a laptop.

I wish they could allow us to go back to the latest version 4.

Hi, I sent you a PM offering my help.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
That and fixing the sodding hot keys for the RGB brightness on the KB would be great too.