cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UserSessionHelper.exe high CPU usage in 5.4.8.0

kreizee
Level 7
After a new update UserSessionHelper.exe consumes too much cpu. It is a known bug and still not fixed.

I can't delete the file as I have S17 laptop and without it some keyboard keys just don't work like aura or rog button
67 REPLIES 67

Same issue here too. Running between 5.9 and 10.0% on an Intel i7-12700KF overclocked to 5300.
Have a Good One! 😎
Rooke

Same issue here, and it starts "un-provoked". Had been using pc for 1 hr and suddenly my AIO starts ramping up (browsing only)... Killed the task in task manager fixed the issue for now

I have same 2 issues.

1. After update Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0 User Session Helper using 10-18% cpu on idle.

2. The actual application user center does not login, stucks on "Redirecting". So I cannot download content like Aura Wallpaper

kahatanna7 wrote:
I have same 2 issues.

1. After update Armoury Crate 5.4.8.0 User Session Helper using 10-18% cpu on idle.

2. The actual application user center does not login, stucks on "Redirecting". So I cannot download content like Aura Wallpaper

Same here, the second issue i've been having for months now...

Unfortunately, I'm facing the same issue 😞

I send the data. we wait. let see what they find.

the % is ok on use

Not ok on windows idle or close.

I have run all test possible, and they have all sides. But yes app close and idle is to high should be around 5% o7%

Can be from the last windows cumulative update to COMs or the new mswebview. we wait to see the outcome.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

After a clean install of windows and drivers then armoury crate and restarting computer, windows is taking time around 10 minutes before it can let me browse files in file explorer and any other apps. I tried uninstalling it using the uninstall tool and restarted, windows booted up quickly and no lag/loading issues.

I am also getting a service error message.

I am using rog strix x570f-gaming

well not sure how important that is and what it really does, but i moved that file location until asus will fix that.

So close armoury crate -> go task manager find that and go to files and move that file some place (DO NOT REMOVE IT COMPLETELY) because it can break something. My armoury crate works fine without that, maybe some pages open slowly but yeah and also restarted PC and its not came back.

Same issue!

We have found the root cause, it's related to Steam's latest update. A patch will be available very soon.