cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Error

Reenmeister
Level 8
Hello,

for some time now I have been getting an error (code: 16) when trying to update the FanXpert device SDK via the Update Center. I have already tried several times to uninstall Armoury Crate (also with the tool) etc. but when reinstalling I am always back on the device SDK version 1.00.58 and get the same error when trying to update. FanXpert has not worked since then either. Loading screen all the time, but nothing happens. What can I do?

btw: Win11 (up to date) and I have 2 identical PCs here, no problems on the second one.

thx
3 REPLIES 3

Reenmeister
Level 8
by the way the error messages now vary between 15, 16 and 17....

The latest windows update is what caused the issue in the first place. If you have Trust module enabled in BIOS it will have to be disabled in order to use FanXpert in the future. For now the only fix I've found that seems relavant involves reinstalling the OS which I refuse to do.

inasotsf wrote:
The latest windows update is what caused the issue in the first place. If you have Trust module enabled in BIOS it will have to be disabled in order to use FanXpert in the future. For now the only fix I've found that seems relavant involves reinstalling the OS which I refuse to do.

Thx for your reply. As I have already written, I have 2 PCs with exactly the same Windows version and also exactly the same BIOS configuration. On the 2nd PC, the update and FanXpert work perfectly, so this definitely cannot be the reason...