cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update FanXpert (error code: 238) Armoury crate

dominik_lednick
Level 8

So I'm trying to update my drivers in Armoury crate but I just get this message: "Sorry, we cannot finish the installation. please restart the system and retry. (error code: 238)" Can anybody help?

Also here is screenshot

dominik_lednick_0-1683225343008.png

268 REPLIES 268

Tks Bro. I did it!

Bonjour j'ai pareil après une mise à jour de bios sur rog strix z790 f

Exorgistis
Level 9

I found the installation .exe file in the folder C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\FanXpert and I installed it manually.

I hope it helped you all

www.intellence.eu

I've run the installer 5 times and rebooted after each when prompted to, but Update Center in AC still shows the 1.00.67 update as needed. 😕

This worked for me,  thanks !  🙂👍
But this is a real bad issue. 😡
Asus , get your act together !  👎

Unfortunately, after a reboot the same issue again. 😭
This is really bad. 😡

Thank you very much man! I spend two weeks trying to solve this and tried a bunch of actions but this was that simple lol... Hope this will help anyone with this problem!

Can t find the installer there. Only a zipped library, should i unzip it for the .EXE?

CoffeebeanCH
Level 9

I switched to FanControl https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases and this software is just so much better. You can create curves for specific sensors (CPU, GPU, ...) and apply those curves to specific fans. This is honestly the way I was hoping for a fan control to work. If AC's FanXpert can be updated again, I will switch it off immediately.

From a first look, I could only set the fans myself. Is there a way to create a curve for each occasion? Cause just setting the fans to a specific point is useless.

www.intellence.eu