cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update FanXpert (error code: 238) Armoury crate

dominik_lednick
Level 8

So I'm trying to update my drivers in Armoury crate but I just get this message: "Sorry, we cannot finish the installation. please restart the system and retry. (error code: 238)" Can anybody help?

Also here is screenshot

dominik_lednick_0-1683225343008.png

268 REPLIES 268

Lo a echo pero la página de los Fan no se abre se atasca carga sin parar

Merci, vous etes un Chef, le probleme est résolu grace à vous. Vous avez réagi plus vite que le support ASUS.

Merci encore.

N.-B.:l’installation complète dure beaucoup plus longtemps, la caisse de munition  ne contient pas des cartouches mais des obus de gros calibres  :))

problème réglé avec la solution de   phijim   merci à lui

Heureusement que cela a aidé quelqu’un, cela a fonctionné pour moi et c’était plus facile que de jouer avec des fichiers dans l’installation

(glad it helped someone, it worked for me and it was easier than messing about with files in the install)

DrSmash
Level 7

Same issue here. Did all the recommended fixes, including BIOS update, and still the same error. Frustrating. I need AC FanX because it allows me to fancurve on GPU temps. Please fix AC...

No hace falta actualizar la bios por culpa de una aplicacion

Exactly, updating a BIOS is the last thing you do, and it has nothing to do with this Asus programming error! Updating a BIOS on a system that was fine and stable, can bring new serious problems, I will never do that, if Asus indicates this, once again it is being inconsequential with its customers! Asus is becoming a nightmare with this AC! 😡😡😡

hi 3DG,

I have a lot of issues with AC no longer seeing ROG Hardware, like my ROG Mobo. The last BIOS update for my Mobo said:

• Improve system performance and security.
• Support ME update function
Improve AURA SW experience
• Improve DRAM stability

So I can understand people installing it (I did because of that bullitpoint).

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

SOLUTION FOR ERROR CODE 238 FANXPERT ARMOURY CRATE by LinkinForcer
1. Enter the folder C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\FanXpert\... until you find the sdkSetup.exe file -> run it -> the installation will ask for a reset, ok -> Reset!
2. After booting Windows go to the same previous location and find the setup.exe file -> run it -> a brief window appears quickly and is gone!
3. Go back to the C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\ folder and delete the <FanXpert> folder with everything inside it, done!
4. Open the AC -> go to the bottom left Settings icon -> go to the Update Center tab -> and click on the first top right button called “Search for Updates”, after that the AC will be looking for updates for a while and when finished FanXpert will disappear -> it's a greater joy to see it, and the best is yet to come -> you enter the menu -> Fan Xpert and FAN XPERT 4 opens as it always worked.

NOTE: "If for some reason this does not work. Make sure that armoury crate is open both times you run the sdksetuo and the setup after the restart. If that still doesn't work after checking for updates it should download the FanXpert folder again. Repeat the steps and it should work then. I just did a clean install and it did not work the first time around when I had armoury crate closed. Second time it worked with armoury crate open." (by LinkinForcer)

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

Ya lo hice y no funcionó que lo arregla Asus que es por su culpa hay que hacer que se enteren de problema estos inutiles