cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update FanXpert (error code: 238) Armoury crate

dominik_lednick
Level 8

So I'm trying to update my drivers in Armoury crate but I just get this message: "Sorry, we cannot finish the installation. please restart the system and retry. (error code: 238)" Can anybody help?

Also here is screenshot

dominik_lednick_0-1683225343008.png

268 REPLIES 268

Pues no seguir bien los pasos después del reinicio, jaja

Cuenta más por yo desinstale 40 mil veces y probé de todo y nada punietera actualización no quiere arancar

A parte de no poder controlar los Fans a mi no me sale ni temperatura ni uso de CPU Armory es una bazura muy grande lo malo que todos componentes de pc tengo de Asus me cago en todo 

3DG
Level 10

NOTE TO ASUS
PLEASE ASUS, let us, who are your CUSTOMERS, CONSUMERS, those who "PAY THE BILL" and who are the greatest VALUE OF THIS COMPANY, choose the version we want to install Armory Crate, make available for download the separate versions and clean and let us choose?! Stop treating us like this, we invest in high performance ASUS products for work, study, games, entertainment and we want to have the POWER OF CHOICE and not be treated like mobile device users, where they update and install without choice, please stop it and pay attention to us!!! It will be the downfall of this company if they continue like this, we have always been supporting and we want to be proud to use ASUS again!!! Come on Asus!

chip
Level 7

I have messed with this a week now, fans are full blast, the sound of 4, 180mm fans running full blast and 3 140mm are not needed, I have tried every step listed here, it just made things worse, clearly armory crate is the problem.

it all started with and update, at least its not blowing up my cpu and motherboard.

asus need to fix this, not have the end user jumping through hoops that do not work anyway....

this is the end for asus and me......this company has destroyed itself with issues like this.

all software related issues, made worse with a lack of support, and a  legal  team thinking they will outsmart the gaming community. 

it is very sad to watch all this happen, asus was my favorite brand for many years.

fans are broken in armory crate, full stop, its  not me, its you ASUS! we are done here!

no!

3DG
Level 10

And here we are not even talking about the BIOS versions, one more problematic than the other, we still don't have a BIOS that works correctly with 128GB! Inverted chip on the Z690! We are crazy to believe them with every BIOS release, we are crazy to let this AC be installed automatically on our computers, this Armory Crate is being the downfall of this company, I don't know which manager investors are listening to, but certainly what he says to they are a scam! What's more, this Armory Crate is too big in size for what it would have to do.........🙄

JImscreechy
Level 8

This is really too much messing around for my liking.  I just built my new PC with a Z790-H Gaming WiFi and have encountered this problem.  2 hours of messing about for fan control is already too much time invested.  I hate Armoury Crate, constantly trying to sell me stuff and force marketing down my throat under the guise of system control.  Christ!   Anyway...

The above solutions didn't fix the problem, though they did make it so Fan Expert would run, though every time I ran it, I had the message you will need to perform the update to continue, which then I had to click 'search for  update'  then exit without actually running the update, then run Fan Expert again!    Fan expert would then launch, but this is a cumbersome procedure to have to go through every time you need to check or remap your fan settings.  This isn't a fix, its just a 'Workaround'  and the underlying problem still exists, which really needs Asus to fix.  It's really that simple.

Rather than do all this,  I simply uninstalled AI Suite and used the Armoury Crate Uninstaller, to remove Armoury Crate completely.  I then installed an older version  Ai Suite (V3) from  an Asus Z590-P Wifi board I bought a few months ago.  Installed first time with everything contained in AI Suite3 the way it used to be.  Recognises all the hardware and fan expert works as it should with no faffing.  

I understand Asus is trying to move to the Armoury crate solution and this seems to be why FanExpert 4 has been ported to Armoury crate... and probably Ai Suite will totally disappear  before long.  This is actually a good move since Armoury Crate can be done directly from the motherboard or OS with no need for cumbersome DVD media inclusion or navigation to Asus to find the necessary files for install or update. BUT, if they are moving to this solution it needs to WORK!  It simply isn't good enough to have solutions implemented that require hours of troubleshooting from customers because of bugs that exist in the software release.  

Anyway  I'm now happy though I have this stupid think called Virtual pet which refuses to uninstall... so that is my next mission.  Below are screen shots of Ai Suite 3 running on my board.Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Dalvium
Level 7

Same here. Waiting for any solution

3DG
Level 10

We need a place with versions for download and installation without internet, that we clearly have the word "stable" after the version or "beta" and that everyone can choose what they want to install! And yes, we need 100% stable software! See this post that MasterC opened, I think this is the place where we should charge them this:

Release Notes: Armory Crate v5.6.3.0 / AURA Creator 3.6.5.0

ASUS IS WHAT WE NEED
1. Versions for download with installation without internet and without automatic updating, may have a choice, but that the update is disabled by default.
2. Next to each name and version for download, put the words Stable or Beta.

JImscreechy
Level 8

Actually the automatic update of Amoury Crate can be disabled in the bios, so this isn't actually a problem.