cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todays update (4.0.8.0) is constantly using ~15% of CPU [Resolved]

Quelen
Level 7
Like in topic,
There was background update today, it turned off my Wi-Fi, then when I've checked task manager, the CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper is sitting on 14-15% of CPU usage. Rebooting did not solved this, neither killing the process (it loads again after 10s and it's doing the same ting.
Platform -> laptop GX701GXR, Windows 10 Edu 20H2 ver.
31 REPLIES 31

Foxseiz
Level 7
After installing this version, it won't detect my mobo and ram and rgb headers. can't control any of my lights now... This software is so broken. tsktsk.

Foxseiz wrote:
After installing this version, it won't detect my mobo and ram and rgb headers. can't control any of my lights now... This software is so broken. tsktsk.

same issues .cant detect my mb maximus hero xi 390 rgb + rgb header 😞

Peyman1354 wrote:
same issues .cant detect my mb maximus hero xi 390 rgb + rgb header 😞

i reinstalled like 10 times yesterday with uninstaller with 1 time it only detected memory and not the rest like mainboard, it seems the installer if it cannot download everything it will just skip and then the app ends up in a updating loop trying to download update files for your motherboard non stop repeatly failing, which eventually worked after uninstalling and reinstalling again after a lot of pain and wasting time.

is the extra cpu usage just being ignored with lightningservice.exe this is really awfull the cpu usage remains unchanged regardless of performance mode being on or not, you bassicly hiding behind excuses stop it and just fix your software, the complaints wont stop until you fix whats broken.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you guys have the performance mode enabled or disabled for smoother lighting effects?

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Do you guys have the performance mode enabled or disabled for smoother lighting effects?

Mine was always enabled since it was added -- I haven't tested it with it turned off.

More importantly, as it is a trend with the versions of AC:

Such severe issues seem to fix themselves in the span of a few days (after the release of a new AC version) [except the handle leaks/ EAC false flags xd]... at least for me that is.

I used to have increased CPU utilization of that same process, although the utilization was slightly below 10% since I have a beefy CPU

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
To be clear, the CPU usage for the background process "Armoury Crate User Session Helper" has already been resolved. The CPU usage for LightingService is the background service which could ramp up if Performance Mode is enabled, if disabled, then expect 1-2% loading.

I had to reinstall cos rgb kept glitching now i have high cpu usage like constant 4% while it was 0% before

If i uncheck memory usage go's down to 0,2% if i check it go's up to 4%

edit: manage to uninstall everything including g skill rgb software components but it installed with glitchy memory rgb i even verified before installation to make sure the ene file is missing in driver folder within system32, armoury crate really is a mess i really wanna go back to perfectly working armoury crate again and lightningservice that uses 0% cpu usage on my 3900x, and a rgb that does not adress memory as one big bar instead of 4 invidual bars like it does on default rgb profile on cold boot before any software is ran however then i have no control at all and that is even worse.

Im stuck in an update loop again today on 2021/03/24 update can you fix your update servers already...............

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
Im stuck in an update loop again today on 2021/03/24 update can you fix your update servers already...............

Ive already sent the issue to support team but no result yet. Mine is stuck on version 1.01.04 of all my devices. And i can't even open my devices tabs it tells me to update but update is looping. (