cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todays update (4.0.8.0) is constantly using ~15% of CPU [Resolved]

Quelen
Level 7
Like in topic,
There was background update today, it turned off my Wi-Fi, then when I've checked task manager, the CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper is sitting on 14-15% of CPU usage. Rebooting did not solved this, neither killing the process (it loads again after 10s and it's doing the same ting.
Platform -> laptop GX701GXR, Windows 10 Edu 20H2 ver.
31 REPLIES 31

I haven't gotten this update yet. Wonder if it was perhaps pushed back? Even if i manually run a check for updates.

Same for G531GT, ASUS did not test the program before releasing?

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.32
Armoury Crate service 4.0.12
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.0.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.33
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.29
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.29
AacAudioHal 1.2.1
AacDispaly 1.1.21

LeoLim wrote:
Same for G531GT, ASUS did not test the program before releasing?

Same issue here. G531GU. CPU load at 22%...

I hope they fix it soon.

Same issue as everyone else on a GU502LW.
I've stopped the service and disabled it for now......

I finally got the update. I'm not at the 15% CPU but am cranking about 9%.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
Armoury Crate service 4.0.12

Something I noticed very quickly though is that right off the load the CPU RPM fan speed DID show up this time.

Same problem on the FX505DT. The only "solution" is what others were doing and that is to change the name of the Session Helper executable and wait.

Finally! Problem is gone! Thank you ASUS )) Today i have install new - ASUSSystemControlInterfaceV2_ASUS_Z_V3.0.2.0_13203 - and today was updated MyASUS :o:o

vitalyplatoff wrote:
Finally! Problem is gone! Thank you ASUS )) Today i have install new - ASUSSystemControlInterfaceV2_ASUS_Z_V3.0.2.0_13203 - and today was updated MyASUS :o:o

Thanks for the info. Saw your post and checked immediately. All is fixed now.

This is my temporary solution to this same old problem coming to live again.
Rename the "ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe" to something else (in my case changing the file extension)
The pros:
- no more 15% CPU usage as the process is not started.
- Armoury Crate works and the profiles (Windows, Turbo, Performance, Silent) are available and applicable.
The cons:
- Dedicated buttons on the keyboard for changing profiles and launching Armoury Crate are not doing their job, but Armoury Crate can be started through its shortcut, which I keep in Start menu.
- System configuration and App configuration windows in Armoury Crates are blank.
- Aura Sync is also not starting.

Anyway, I don't care for the things not working as I only use the Profile changing option for Fans control and my Lightning profile is as I left it before, even after restart. Will leave it like this until a fix is released. The last time it took a month to ASUS.

Hello

I have update recently the application in version 4.0.8.0 i have the same problems and i can't update software kit because i have the applications looping every time i search a solution in services to fix it : amoury lite service is disable when i click start service i have an error 1053 service not respond please update a fix