cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for the fix

Dragg0n
Level 7
The new update I just installed seems to have fixed most of the things. The helper now no longer uses CPU and power for days.
10 REPLIES 10

74lobster
Level 10
Dragg0n wrote:
The new update I just installed seems to have fixed most of the things. The helper now no longer uses CPU and power for days.

Hi, what update ?
Where did you find it ?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster

74lobster
Level 10
Dragg0n wrote:

Hi, what update ?
Where did you find it ?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster

ASUS retracted the FDS plugin (v5.4.8.0) in question, so reinstalling the AC will install the previous version of FDS plugin (v5.4.7.0).

MikeChen wrote:
ASUS retracted the FDS plugin (v5.4.8.0) in question, so reinstalling the AC will install the previous version of FDS plugin (v5.4.7.0).

Could u send us the link? How do we roll-back?

"Reinstall" means uninstall and then install again...
Just go to the Armoury Crate download page, you'll find both the uninstall tool and installer there.

theinvoker
Level 8
I updated...and it didn't work. No fixes and same version or Armoury Crate
So i uninstalled and now i can't reinstall (error 102)...good

No fix for me, too!!!!

The version of AC itself remains the same, only the FDS plugin (momentary shown during update) was downgraded.

My last try did show an older version of FDSplugin in update list; too bad I didn't take a screenshot then.

I tried to repeat that just now with the steps:
1. using the uninstall tool, it will ask you to reboot.
2. check if the AC is still in program list (windows settings). If so, uninstall it by clicking the dots at its right side
3. reboot
4. install the AC, again it will ask you to reboot.
5. Update the AC; the update list is empty this time, the AC_FDSplugin.dll (in C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\AC_FDSPlugin) is in version 5.4.6.0, and the CPU usage seems normal. The laptop battery drainage is ~20W, and CPU ~60C as I'm writing now.
5.1: the update appears after several minutes; there are 6 on my laptop:
Current CPU temp. after the update is ~50C.

Tested on ROG GA503RM (Zephyrus G15, 6800HS, 3060 6GB, 8+16GB DDR5, 512GB + 1TB SSD) and Windows 11 22H2.

My desktop (Strix B550-A Gaming, 5800X, RX6950 XT, 8GB*4 DDR4, 512GB + 1TB + 1TB SSD), has AC installed without the CPU-bogging problem ever, so I didn't bother to test the trick on it; it shown AC version as 5.3.4.0

Jimbo93
Level 12
The patch works fine on my system and my AC version is still 5.3.4.0 My system specs are in my forum profile if anyone is interested.