cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 4090 RGB Problems

Bmfr79
Level 7
Does anyone else have issues controlling the RGB of their Strix 4090?

I have performed the following steps so far and nothing has helped.
1. Multiple reinstalls of windows 10, Armory Crate and all programs
2. Update motherboard bios, chipset etc.
3. Update GPU bios
4. Removal(ddu) of GPU driver and reinstall both in safe mode and not in safe mode
5. Updating/tweaking of third party software (iCue)

Specs as follows: Asus Dark Hero mobo
Ryzen 5950x
Asus Strix 4090 OC
W10

Im on the latest Nvidia game ready driver and Armory Crate. I think what Im missing is the framework for my card but cant seem to get it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

gmgerst
Level 7
Bmfr79 wrote:
Does anyone else have issues controlling the RGB of their Strix 4090?

I have performed the following steps so far and nothing has helped.
1. Multiple reinstalls of windows 10, Armory Crate and all programs
2. Update motherboard bios, chipset etc.
3. Update GPU bios
4. Removal(ddu) of GPU driver and reinstall both in safe mode and not in safe mode
5. Updating/tweaking of third party software (iCue)

Specs as follows: Asus Dark Hero mobo
Ryzen 5950x
Asus Strix 4090 OC
W10

Im on the latest Nvidia game ready driver and Armory Crate. I think what Im missing is the framework for my card but cant seem to get it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OH MY GOD. YES!!! YES I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH CONTROLLING THE RGB'S ON MY ROG STRIX 4090 OC too!!!!!!!!

I've been having this issue with my GPU since day one. The RGB's that make up the "Republic of Gamers" logo work just fine. The problem is that I have zero control over the 22 RGB zones around the end of my GPU card. Sometimes they light up as a static color, but most of the time, they dont light up at all.

Is this similar to your issue? Even after performing a 100% fresh re-install of windows, it still doesn't work.

If you want, please feel free to reach out to me on reddit, and we can discuss. My handle is u/grantg56

You are the first person i've found who is also having issues with the RGB on their ROG Strix 4090. Would love to compare notes with you. Hope to hear from you!

-Grant

PatMcKrotch
Level 7

I have the same issue.  It was working great for awhile, then it just stopped and now its stuck on solid rainbow.

I updated Armoury Crate, updated the vbios and no luck.

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

5950x

Strix 4090 OC

W11

Lighting control might be affected by IQ software, OPENRGB, or Armourycrate.  I haven't narrowed it down yet.

PatMcKrotch
Level 7

Well, it started working again.  I have no idea why the lighting on my card wasn't working in the first place, but it seems to have fixed itself.