cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spatha X disable profiles switch

Snqk3
Level 10
Hello,
Is there a way to disable Spatha X's profiles switch with buttons ? It's very annoying when, in action (for exemple PVP in WoW) with my big fingers, I unintentionally switch profiles !
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hello Snqk3,

Yes, you can disable any or all of the side buttons if you wish.

In Armoury Crate on the ROG Spatha X Buttons page, click Left near the bottom center of the page, this will bring up the side buttons view.

Then, click on a button, in the window on the right select Mouse function, at the bottom of the list select disable.

Here's a pic of the side buttons view - 96959

Thanks but that was not my question. I'm using these buttons in MMO, particulary useful. But for me, profiles switch in a program is absolutely non-sense when I create a profile for this program, because I don't want to lose all settings with Mishandling...

I think the problem is that setting it to disable completely disables the button. You should be able to set buttons without that. The uk is clunky 

Nate152
Ok, maybe we can rectify you from accidentally pressing the buttons.

I have the ROG Spatha X and when I first used it, I wanted to put my thumb all the way at the bottom on the thumb rest, but when I sometimes have to pick it up and move it, I accidentally press the buttons.

I've found that if you put the center of your thumb on the center of the small middle button, it almost fits like a glove and I don't accidentally click the buttons when gripping it this way.

How are you gripping your ROG Spatha X?

My thumb rests on the buttons, not sure but probably centered on the little in middle (certainly like you). But (always in WoW) when I have to fight a player and use side buttons like I want (ie stun then burst...) I often switch profiles. I play like I did on my old Roccat Kone, which has no switch profiles shortcut activated by mouse buttons.

Nate152
Would creating and using another profile specifically for WOW be the way to go?

You can create and store up to five profiles.

Nate152 wrote:
Would creating and using another profile specifically for WOW be the way to go?

You can create and store up to five profiles.

Yes I created a profile for WoW, but the profiles switch shortcut is always on :

By the way, what is the utility of "synchronise all profiles" ?

Nate152
Ok, that is for the profile switch hot keys.

To switch profiles with the hot keys, you have to press the dpi button and one of the side buttons. Are you unintentionally hitting both buttons and switching profiles?

No way to avoid hitting the dpi button?

Sync all profiles syncs the settings to the onboard memory.

Nate152 wrote:
Ok, that is for the profile switch hot keys.

To switch profiles with the hot keys, you have to press the dpi button and one of the side buttons. Are you unintentionally hitting both buttons and switching profiles?

No way to avoid hitting the dpi button?

Sync all profiles syncs the settings to the onboard memory.

I use the DPI button for shortcuts in game ("burst damages" spells) and effectively I unintentionally hit DPI and side buttons, which make me switch profiles 🙂

For the "sync all profiles", is it for a "mobile" usage, for exemple when I want use the mouse without Armoury Crate on another computer ?