cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Maximus Z690 Hero and last update = Fan Xpert 4 BUG

Ribellu
Level 10
I made the mistake of doing this update ... since Fan Xpert 4 no longer works, the page loads indefinitely 91033
37 REPLIES 37

To anyone in a situation where the asuscertservice is broken you may have to reinstall windows. But, I have seen before where it can be gotten working again. I would try a procedure like this:

Uninstall all asus utilities. Configure PC for a clean boot. You can probably google up instructions on that or ask here and I can add something later.
Now reboot to your clean boot. Run the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reboot. Put the PC back in normal starup config. Try installing either Armoury Crate or AI SUite 3. If install fails, just reboot and run the install again. This can be tried where AI SUite is the first to reinstall or AC is the first. May depend on your system which way is better. So the key is to reboot and relaunch the install program more than once. If the install process fails but gets farther then reboot and try again. Keep checking if asuscertservice is fixed.

yes asuscert is totaly absent so i guess you're right
i'll take some time to make it...one day

finally i decided to resintall the whole computer and of course everything worked again
but wich compenent was really faulty in the end...i don't know

cereal57 wrote:
finally i decided to resintall the whole computer and of course everything worked again
but wich compenent was really faulty in the end...i don't know

Computers are just terribly complex at this point. I use the free version of macrium reflect and scheduled backup disc images. I can always recover from disaster and quickly too. It backs up to an external hard drive. It just works period. I can also browse and use the backup images. Pretty useful that.

Glad you got it working.

Everything works again for me too as I already mentioned previously but still some errors about asus in windows, even if it does not seem to bother to make AC work, tomorrow I will install my 2nd nvme SSD to make clonage , in case of future problems.

And today there was an update of some components or AC modules I made, but before I made a system backup as a precaution.

PS: I tried to edit my first post here since it's me who opened this thread, to put "solved" but it doesn't work, any idea?

Jimbo93 wrote:
Computers are just terribly complex at this point. I use the free version of macrium reflect and scheduled backup disc images. I can always recover from disaster and quickly too. It backs up to an external hard drive. It just works period. I can also browse and use the backup images. Pretty useful that.

Glad you got it working.

2 hours and all with reinstalled (windows, drivers, office, games), 1Gb fiber make the job pretty fast

Jimbo93 wrote:

Glad you got it working.

take care with macrium, nice product but replaces the default wim image mounting driver, in case of windows upgrading version, i had bad surprises because of this

cereal57 wrote:
take care with macrium, nice product but replaces the default wim image mounting driver, in case of windows upgrading version, i had bad surprises because of this

Ok thanks, were you doing something with custom image? 6 years of experience with using it and no problems worth reporting. But I just use basic functionality and default winRE for recovery drive.