cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Maximus Z690 Hero and last update = Fan Xpert 4 BUG

Ribellu
Level 10
I made the mistake of doing this update ... since Fan Xpert 4 no longer works, the page loads indefinitely 91033
37 REPLIES 37

All the services are running, and I have one error in the windows log

Ribellu wrote:
All the services are running, and I have one error in the windows log

The crash in this instance (ROGLiveService) might not be critical, I think it usually just restarts and continues downloading during installs or updates. So instead I think we should focus on temp files and prefetch files. Armoury Crate makes a ton of them, and they can result in conflicts. So the next step is remove them before attempting a reinstall. The other suggestion would be to try installing AI Suite 3, in other words, uninstall AC, then install AI Suite 3 and then reinstall AC. I am assuiming you have had AI Suite 3 installed before? If it has never been installed at all then ignore that thought.

I don't have prefetch or SuperFetch (sysmain in services) enabled.

On the other hand speaking of AI Suite 3, when I uninstall it and reinstall it AC detects Fan Xpert 4 but it gets stuck in the configuration of the fans during the first load, a kind of detection of minimum and maximum speeds, but remains stuck at 57 % .

There is something strange between these two programs, I do not have access to Fan Xpert 4 in AI suite 3 because of my z690 chipset but before the last update I had access to it in AC .

i tried uninstalling AC and AI suite 3 cleanly, and then reinstalled everything, but in AC like i said before when i run Fan Xpert 4 for the first time it runs a fan speed detection routine and stays stuck at 57%, I seem to have put a capture of this, on the first page of this thread .

The old version of AC 4 worked fine for me.

Ribellu wrote:
I don't have prefetch or SuperFetch (sysmain in services) enabled.

On the other hand speaking of AI Suite 3, when I uninstall it and reinstall it AC detects Fan Xpert 4 but it gets stuck in the configuration of the fans during the first load, a kind of detection of minimum and maximum speeds, but remains stuck at 57 % .

There is something strange between these two programs, I do not have access to Fan Xpert 4 in AI suite 3 because of my z690 chipset but before the last update I had access to it in AC .

i tried uninstalling AC and AI suite 3 cleanly, and then reinstalled everything, but in AC like i said before when i run Fan Xpert 4 for the first time it runs a fan speed detection routine and stays stuck at 57%, I seem to have put a capture of this, on the first page of this thread .

The old version of AC 4 worked fine for me.

I have seen conflicts between the two before. So I was thinking installing the Suite before Crate might correct. The other option I suggest is using the troubleshooters for windows updates and microsoft store. THis also plays an interesting role because its UWP app. Try any of those if time permits. It might also be time to check your winsxs componentstore. This is done at Administrator command prompt: DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /ANALYZECOMPONENTSTORE. It will comeback with Yes or No. Yes it is recommended to cleanup the store, or No it is not recommended.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I have seen conflicts between the two before. So I was thinking installing the Suite before Crate might correct. The other option I suggest is using the troubleshooters for windows updates and microsoft store. THis also plays an interesting role because its UWP app. Try any of those if time permits. It might also be time to check your winsxs componentstore. This is done at Administrator command prompt: DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /ANALYZECOMPONENTSTORE. It will comeback with Yes or No. Yes it is recommended to cleanup the store, or No it is not recommended.

If it came back a yes then you change the last parameter in the command to /STARTCOMPONENTCLEANUP. And after that runs for a few minutes, you would want to reboot. Then after those troubleshooting steps I would launch crate and go straight to the update center and see if there were updates. You also might find that signing out of windows and then back in and launching crate again can trigger it fix pages that were broke or find an update. So play with it a little.

ok so, I uninstalled AI Suite 3, rebooted, and cleaned up all traces of AI Suite 3.

Then I did the same with AC.

Reboot.

Next: reinstalled AI Suite 3 first, and reboot, and then reinstalled AC and reboot.

Once on the windows desktop I opened AC and launched Fan Xpert 4, it launches its fan configuration routine, usually at this stage it gets stuck in an infinite loop at 57%, this time at 57% it went up to 100%, my jaw almost fell to the ground ...

I set my temperature curve as I wanted for all my fans, but in a corner of my head I could not help thinking that after a restart of the pc everything would be broken again .

So I crossed my fingers a bit I admit, and everything works again as with the old version, so it's over I don't touch anything at all !!!

PS: It is however clear that there is indeed a conflict between the two software since both can manage the fans according to the chipset used.

ca donne de l'espoir tout ca 🙂

so i think i cleaned to much, asus com service doesn't want to start anymore now
aiso.dll is missing

cereal57 wrote:
so i think i cleaned to much, asus com service doesn't want to start anymore now
aiso.dll is missing

Try to go back with system restore.

non non, je vais me passer de l'appli plutot hein