cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Maximus Z690 Hero and last update = Fan Xpert 4 BUG

Ribellu
Level 10
I made the mistake of doing this update ... since Fan Xpert 4 no longer works, the page loads indefinitely 91033
37 REPLIES 37

cereal57 wrote:
i suspect that html web server is faulty, app log is very poor html seems to be the winner
event viewer, procmon saw nothing

Might be interesting to turn on task scheduler history logging to capture more info on what is happening with asus tasks. Something must be crashing?

Have you tried cleaning out temp files and prefetch files after uninstall tool and before reinstall?
Have you considered or tried already to repair/reinstall the Microsoft VC++ redistributable? THe procedure I would suggest for that is in Jimbo uninstall thread.I have also been suggesting to folks to turn off windows prefetch in the registry ( only if you have fast ssd system drive ). For me this also solved some problems.

did all the thread already, no improvement
anyway, no professional software (or supposed pro in this) should require such a deep cleanup, going back to old version should also be an option
my former asus prime z270 had everything in AI suite, worked fine for year, fan management was in my opinion better (like setting the position in the fan in case to know wich is in front or behind or whatever)
didn't expect that from a brand like asus, if this kind of issue is becoming regular in the time, my next hardware won't be asus anymore, i and use asus since 25 years
this update is out since 4 days, still no official thread, for a supposed premium hardware...sad

cereal57 wrote:
did all the thread already, no improvement
anyway, no professional software (or supposed pro in this) should require such a deep cleanup, going back to old version should also be an option
my former asus prime z270 had everything in AI suite, worked fine for year, fan management was in my opinion better (like setting the position in the fan in case to know wich is in front or behind or whatever)
didn't expect that from a brand like asus, if this kind of issue is becoming regular in the time, my next hardware won't be asus anymore, i and use asus since 25 years
this update is out since 4 days, still no official thread, for a supposed premium hardware...sad

fan tuning is not included in Crate for my system rather AI Suite III. Fan expert 4 is installed and I can change fan profile in AC but tuning and manipulation i have to use AI Suite. I feel like most of the folks who come in here to rog forum dont know much about software development maybe you do. Writing this kind of software to work in windows and adding mew features all the time is going to have bumps. People need to lighten up.

yeah i know a little about how this works, each update requires at least some exhaustive testing and support, not throwing a bugged software with no rollback possible to the previous version
in the mean i contact asus support for another issue, looks like i'll never get an answer or solution
now i'm managing fans with qfan in bios settings

I think I uncovered a clue about fan expert 4. Seems like it is not being installed with version 5. I uninstalled fan expert 4 manually from windows and then used the AC uninstall tool. Reinstalling AC does not reinstall Fan expert 4 at least on my system.

One other bit of info. It looks like the newest version of AI Suite 3 is on the motherboard support download page for this motherboard. Not sure if that is a change but it could be a temporary solution for fan control.

For z690 HERO, I don't see an update for AI suite 3, still the same V3.01.10.

Anyway Ai Suite 3 no longer supports Fan Xpert4 for this series of motherboard it is absolutely necessary to install AC, but something is broken in AC with FXpert 4

Lots of error regarding Asus AC services, when will an update be deployed?

Ribellu wrote:
Lots of error regarding Asus AC services, when will an update be deployed?

This is why updates fail and devices dont detect. Somwhere in the process there was a crash, no way the update goes well if that happens. It can be fixed.
Run the uninstall tool at least twice rebooting after each. Then simply verify that the asuscertservice.exe is running, it is not crashing at startup. If there are no signs of asus stuff crashing (check application event log) then a reinstall should work. Worst case 2 reinstalls.

Jimbo93 wrote:
This is why updates fail and devices dont detect. Somwhere in the process there was a crash, no way the update goes well if that happens. It can be fixed.
Run the uninstall tool at least twice rebooting after each. Then simply verify that the asuscertservice.exe is running, it is not crashing at startup. If there are no signs of asus stuff crashing (check application event log) then a reinstall should work. Worst case 2 reinstalls.

Doens't work...