cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So finally established that Armory Crate is responsible for my blue screens.

thisisrasper
Level 7
Been having consistent blue screens during and after playing high intensity games.
Uninstalled it, and not had a single one since - the only problem I've got now is, my M15 tends to run pretty warm so the fans get loud, then quiet, then quiet again.
"Silent" mode on Armory Crate was great for keeping the fan speed consistently low.

Is there any solid alternative available for this?
Also Asus, fix your garbage software.
6 REPLIES 6

bejito81
Level 7
thisisrasper wrote:
Been having consistent blue screens during and after playing high intensity games.
Uninstalled it, and not had a single one since - the only problem I've got now is, my M15 tends to run pretty warm so the fans get loud, then quiet, then quiet again.
"Silent" mode on Armory Crate was great for keeping the fan speed consistently low.

Is there any solid alternative available for this?
Also Asus, fix your garbage software.

since it is not clear, were you playing in Silent mode? were you using profile auto switcthing for games, ...?

I would generally move to Turbo for gaming, sometimes Balanced if the game wasn't very demanding.

However, I've no interest in reinstalling Armory Crate, I've had 0 issues since removing it and my laptop has honestly never performed better.
My only issue now is that I've 0 control of my fans, and it's pretty annoying when I'm working the fans keep powering up and down.
I just want something to replace my fan control now.

I'm also guessing your dgpu don't go to full sleep anymore either which means your battery life is probably not great anymore

actually I don't see the point of buying an asus laptop and remove armoury crate, then just buy another brand laptop as the manufacturer software on gaming laptops usually offers unique possibilities

thisisrasper wrote:
I would generally move to Turbo for gaming, sometimes Balanced if the game wasn't very demanding.

However, I've no interest in reinstalling Armory Crate, I've had 0 issues since removing it and my laptop has honestly never performed better.
My only issue now is that I've 0 control of my fans, and it's pretty annoying when I'm working the fans keep powering up and down.
I just want something to replace my fan control now.

Is it actually save to remove Armory Crate completely? i've had enough with stutter problem on my Asus ROG g773QR (RTX 3070) and decided to do clean install Windows 11 and removing Armory Crate while doing so. But now i'm a little bit concern on the ressult if i'm not using AC as its control the fan and RGB keyboard...

Atsumichi wrote:
Is it actually safe to remove Armory Crate completely?

For fans, try the open source "Fan Control" project, which can control *most* motherboard fans (including on laptops). Highly recommended by those who use it:
https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases/releases

If that can't see your fans, or if your laptop has other "Asus-unique" features like lighting or led matrices, those may have ASUS-proprietary controls that only AC can handle.

I'm stuck with AC on my desktop because I chose a Ryujiin-II cooler and Strix-II Animate keyboard, and AC is currently the only thing that can control them. It's all working well right now, but I have had problems in the past -- and fear every update will bring new problems to fight/fix.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

Atsumichi wrote:
Is it actually save to remove Armory Crate completely? i've had enough with stutter problem on my Asus ROG g773QR (RTX 3070) and decided to do clean install Windows 11 and removing Armory Crate while doing so. But now i'm a little bit concern on the ressult if i'm not using AC as its control the fan and RGB keyboard...

You may not be able to live with out Armoury Crate with the keyboard. It may be required unless you like the default rainbow all the time.

The blue screens may be caused by old drivers that should be uninstalled. They get install with AC and other RGB software automatically.

AC installs some drivers that are there just in case you have that hardware, some of which are for hardware that is no longer produced.
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB software is the current biggest culprit. Try removing that and see if that helps. You can find it in Settings->Apps.

From what I have been reading elsewhere, removing this will help increase stability for most systems. Look at the other apps that are installed for RGB components that you don't have, and you can remove some of them too.

You can also try SignalRGB as an alternative. It didn't work well for me, but I am very particular.