cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scar 18 RGB Rear light not working after AC update

Sib3riX
Level 10
Yesterday received laptop in mail. Today i went to AC to update to newest version and my rear light on laptop is turned off. When i go to settings for lightning its not reacting to on/off.

Model: G834JY
Updated bios to 302 today on myasus app no change.

I took this pic on internet to show what is not lightning up. Mraked with red
https://imgur.com/a/nTuviNR

All other parts of laptop light up and i can control it. It would be cool to get a fix.
11 REPLIES 11

Simon6226 wrote:
Thank you for sharing this!

I received a replacement unit late last week after returning my first due to stuttering in all apps even after a Windows reinstall. This second unit has been great and the performance is incredible. I was able to get all the of the lighting working for a bit using the esupport installers you shared. Unfortunately after a while all the lighting goes off and the only way to get it back it to follow your steps again. Really frustrating! I think it might be related to going between battery and AC power but not 100% sure.

I've given up for now so currently have no light on the back, front or keyboard but hopefully someone from ASUS will see these posts and let us know if there is a fix coming anytime soon.

Its AC software messing with lightning bar. I dont have problem you mentioned. I need to try new AC update released today. WIll update back

Darnassus
Status Under Review
How're you guys going with Coil Whine? Has an update come and helped it in any way?