cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scar 18 RGB Rear light not working after AC update

Sib3riX
Level 10
Yesterday received laptop in mail. Today i went to AC to update to newest version and my rear light on laptop is turned off. When i go to settings for lightning its not reacting to on/off.

Model: G834JY
Updated bios to 302 today on myasus app no change.

I took this pic on internet to show what is not lightning up. Mraked with red
https://imgur.com/a/nTuviNR

All other parts of laptop light up and i can control it. It would be cool to get a fix.
11 REPLIES 11

Sib3riX
Level 10
5.3.4.0 is broken with scar 18 4090

Only way to get rear light back if i use esupport folder and install 5.4.6.0 but im unable to open software to oc and change stuff.

I am so glad I found this post. I have exactly the same problem and was worried the device had been damaged. It was working properly when the laptop arrived but has since stopped working and I have also updated to bios 302 through MyAsus.

Unfortunately I don't have the ESupport folder. I upgraded the SSD and because my laptop came with raid 0 I had to reformat it and didn't realise I should have made a backup of that folder. I don't suppose anyone knows if there's somewhere I can download that folder from? Or if it just contained the same drivers as the support page?

Thanks,
Si

Dannstarr
Level 7
I've noticed the same. To be honest I can't say mine was working when it first arrived as I didn't check - but I've done a fresh install of Windows 11 to get rid of the RAID 0 setup, and I've freshly installed the latest Armoury Crate and all drivers, BIOS etc, and I notice I have no rear RGB, and that adjusting the switch in AC does nothing.

I have the same problem with lightbar. Reinstalled system twice, updated bios - no change. And unfortunately i lost ESupport folder and did not make a backup.... I will be very appriciate if somebody can upload files from ESupport folder to google drive or somwhere elese. It seems only that version of armoury crate work correctly with Scar 18.

Sib3riX
Level 10
For those who want to get light back. First uninstall your ac with ac uninstaller after that you can install from esupport folder ac 5.4.6.0 and light will be back

esupport folder here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qUqAYe2f06nI3z5KKI22loYK000YQdpY/view?usp=sharing

Sib3riX wrote:
For those who want to get light back. First uninstall your ac with ac uninstaller after that you can install from esupport folder ac 5.4.6.0 and light will be back

esupport folder here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qUqAYe2f06nI3z5KKI22loYK000YQdpY/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for those files. I have managed to bring back the rear rgb with the files you uploaded.

I have another concern about re installing the pre installed os. Is this possible after a clean installation (not reset)?
I have reinstalled windows 11 pro on this machine and now reset doesn't work even tho i didn't touch any of the restore partitions and such but just formatted c drive.

How to bring back it's pre installed Os when needed? I'd be so glad if someone could explain this.
Thank you

frostinheart wrote:
Thank you for those files. I have managed to bring back the rear rgb with the files you uploaded.

I have another concern about re installing the pre installed os. Is this possible after a clean installation (not reset)?
I have reinstalled windows 11 pro on this machine and now reset doesn't work even tho i didn't touch any of the restore partitions and such but just formatted c drive.

How to bring back it's pre installed Os when needed? I'd be so glad if someone could explain this.
Thank you

Hi,

I had a dodgy first unit and ran into the same thing before returning it. Luckily you can completely restore it to factory settings.

- Press F2 as the computer boots up until you get into the bios
- Press F7 to view the advanced bios
- Move over to the advanced tab
- Select "ASUS Cloud Recovery"

Follow the instructions for that and it will completely restore the system to factory settings. Including restoring the RAID 0 Partitions if you removed them.

After it's finished it will boot into some kind of WIndows UI. There are a couple of options and you want one that sounds something like setting up for the out of box experience. Then let it install the drivers and it'll reboot into the standard Windows setup.

Please let me know if you have any problems, happy to help further!

frostinheart wrote:

Thank you

You cannot revert back to factory OS. But your windows 11 key is saved in motherboard. I also wipe factory windows from laptops and install windows 11 again. They put too much bloat into windows.

Sib3riX wrote:

Thank you for sharing this!

I received a replacement unit late last week after returning my first due to stuttering in all apps even after a Windows reinstall. This second unit has been great and the performance is incredible. I was able to get all the of the lighting working for a bit using the esupport installers you shared. Unfortunately after a while all the lighting goes off and the only way to get it back it to follow your steps again. Really frustrating! I think it might be related to going between battery and AC power but not 100% sure.

I've given up for now so currently have no light on the back, front or keyboard but hopefully someone from ASUS will see these posts and let us know if there is a fix coming anytime soon.