cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Flare II Animate & ROG Chakram X FW update [Resolved]

cekeu
Level 12
I finally managed to update the firmware but I had to switch the connections to usb 2.0 and usb 3.0, the firmware update could not be done when the peripherals were connected to usb 3.1

This is how I was finally able to update the firmware of Rog Strix Flare II Animate and Rog Chakram X.
After trying a multitude of times without success for these 2 devices
I managed to update the keyboard by changing the usb port, plugged into the back of the motherboard on usb 3.1 I had the idea of plugging it into usb 2.0 and without plugging in the second keyboard cable used for usb hub and finally the firmware update was successful.
I managed to update the mouse by plugging the 2.4 ghz dongle into a usb port on the front of the case (of course having then switched to usb/off mode for the update).
So it seems that the rear usb 3.1 ports on my Rampage VI Extreme Encore motherboard did not allow the keyboard and mouse firmware to be updated.
5 REPLIES 5

cekeu
Level 12
Armoury Crate 5.2.12.0 and previous
I finally managed to update the firmware but I had to switch the connections to usb 2.0 and usb 3.0, the firmware update could not be done when the peripherals were connected to usb 3.1

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129785-ROG-Strix-Flare-II-Animate-amp-ROG-Chakram-X-firmwa...

Nate152
Hi cekeu,

Good to hear you were able to get your ROG Strix Flare II Animate and Chakram X updated.

thank you Nate that's nice

I am trying to update my keyboard, but the update keeps failing through Armoury Crate.

cekeu
Level 12
If you tried the different usb ports to update the keyboard and Armor crate failed to update it check if you find a firmware file by the name of the keyboard in ROGLSLoader and try to update it from this file.
If not successful then delete this file and try again from AC.
Otherwise and if the keyboard works well do not insist and do not install the update of the fw, it may be that later it will install correctly