cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha HAL update failure

esgargoth
Level 7
Title says it all,
My Spatha won't update the HAL and can't be controlled in crate until it does.

Steps tried...
Have tried using tool to fully uninstall crate several times.
Independently updated the bios on the Spatha
Tried wired and wireless options of the above.

I'm at a loss of what to do sadly so any help would be appreciated.

No error codes just a little red warning after each attempted update.. see attached pic

Cheers for your attention.

15 REPLIES 15

I have stumbled into the same problem. Spatha X. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it all but with no luck.

HAL Version: 1.2.0.47 Date: 2022/08/29

HTML Version: 3.01.28 Date: 2022/10/04

I thought there was 4 entries under the Spatha X, but it's only showing 2. and there isn't a separate installer for it.

any suggestions would be great. Can't reprogram the side keys without the update. 96216

I am revisiting this thread because i had a strange incident with my rog monitor.
Had the same HAL update failure for about two months then suddenly i checked today and it had magically updated.
maybe there is some hope for the mouse too.

EDIT. I just looked at the date of the HAL update on the mouse and it updated in January this year, so the mouse is updating just not seeming to register the update with AC maybe.

ArchC4rri3r
Level 8
I think this sums it up. A list of people trying to help with very complicated solutions which mostly don't work. It should just work work plain and simple.

ArchC4rri3r wrote:
I think this sums it up. A list of people trying to help with very complicated solutions which mostly don't work. It should just work work plain and simple.

Yea, i've never seen software have so many issues, never had this issue when i was running the corsair components. It all just worked.

PÃ_ngTÃ_ng
Level 7

Hello, I recently tried to update my rog spatha x, it's giving me the same error as the post, I've already uninstalled it using the uninstaller itself and it's still the same.

code.png

PângTông

Nate152

Hello PA_ngTA_ng

Here's how to update your ROG Spatha.

1) Connect the wireless charging dock with the cable to a pc usb port.

2) In the box, grab the other cable and connect it to your ROG Spatha and a pc usb port.

3) Set the wireless switch on the bottom of your ROG Spatha to Off.

4) Try the update in Armoury Crate.