Still not working after trying the cccleaner.. (sad face)
I had the same error with my ROG Spatha mouse. yesterday.
This is how I solved it:
- Before starting anything, turn off all tuning options in BIOS,
- Turn off Aura control in the menu accessible with the F4 key (AUROA Off)
- Start the Windows in normal mode,
- Download and unzip the Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool from this link: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/
- Run the uninstall tool. After uninstall restart the computer,
- CCleaner is not necessary.
- Install all update with Windows Update and restart Windows every installed update,
- Connect the SPATHA with cable to USB port, do not use the wireless mode!
- Download the Armoury Crate full installation package (1.73GB) from this page: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/
and unzip in a folder or pendrive.
- Disable the network card , or unplug ethernet cable (internet cable) from computer and disable bluetooth too, and restart computer.
- After restart start the Armoury Crate installation package and be patient. 🙂
If install is done, do not click to start Armoury Crate , restart computer (this is important)
- If restart is ok start Armoury Crate and check your mouse (you see the settings, lights, etc.)
- Enable the network card (or plug in the ethernet/internet cable) and enable bluetooth too. Restart computer.
- After restart wait 1-2 minutes and start the Armoury Crate. Click on Settings - Update Center. If everything is in order, this interface is divided into two areas. In the meantime, the update warning pops up. DO NOT refresh and click to avoid warning again. In the lower area you will see a list of upgradeable options. SPATHA should appear here. If the HAL is visible in several lines, update only the HAL visible at SPATHA (It appears under SPATHA)!!! Click on update and wait. After update restart computer again and enable in the BIOS the aura lights (Aura ON). Save the changes and restart computer.
- Windows started, wait 1-2 minutes and start Armoury Crate and check your mouse. I think everything must be fine!
I dont know what happen at the end if you connect again with wireless mode, but i think must be correct.
Hope will work correctly!
( sorry my english, i am hungarian 🙂