cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog boost gpu not avaliable any more

souliar7
Level 8
hi.. i have asus rog scar iii g731gv and i dont see any more gpu boost and manual section for gpu disappear!!! what can i do?
29 REPLIES 29

Reikai003
Level 7
I found the solution (worked in my G703GX):

First: Uninstall the Armoury Crate software with the uninstaller, then install Armoury Crate Service found in your esupport folder (service v1.4.1, i forgot backup my esupport folder, but i found it in the web uploaded from other user) -> Install the latest Armoury Crate software from the Asus Page and worked! I have back the overclock function !

Thanks von-M. I've been on this for days. Oh my finally. Can't thank you enough. (bow)

Reikai003 wrote:
I found the solution (worked in my G703GX):

First: Uninstall the Armoury Crate software with the uninstaller, then install Armoury Crate Service found in your esupport folder (service v1.4.1, i forgot backup my esupport folder, but i found it in the web uploaded from other user) -> Install the latest Armoury Crate software from the Asus Page and worked! I have back the overclock function !

where I can find the correct Armoury Crate Service?

Hello Gentle people. I have found a solution for this and it worked for me.

1. First make sure you do a full uninstall of the Armoury Crate you have installed including any services. Reboot your system
2. Then go to the Microsoft store and download and install the Armoury Crate Beta ( MUST BE BETA 2.7.13.0) Should be there.

Then when that is fully installed. Reboot and launch. You should have ROG Boost back like mine

Hope that helps.

bnarvaez wrote:
Hello Gentle people. I have found a solution for this and it worked for me.

1. First make sure you do a full uninstall of the Armoury Crate you have installed including any services. Reboot your system
2. Then go to the Microsoft store and download and install the Armoury Crate Beta ( MUST BE BETA 2.7.13.0) Should be there.

Then when that is fully installed. Reboot and launch. You should have ROG Boost back like mine

Hope that helps.

Hey,

Can you help me with the link to download Armoury Crate from Microsoft Store as I couldn't find it on my Microsoft Store.

Laptop Asus ROG Strix G17 G713QR-HG022T

After installation of NVIDIA 466.27, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - Firmware - 10.1.2.315 and a new Warzone patch I noticed something was odd.
I have MSI Afterburner showing fps, watts, temps etc and sometimes also HWiNFO64 too for more info.

What I noticed was GPU Memory Freq was dropping to 6001 MHz here and there from the normal 7001 MHz, switching between those values, in Warzone and Unigine Superposition benchmark.

I figured out that "Firmware 10.1.2.315" (315) could be BIOS version I currently use, checked Windows Update installs and saw another Firmware installed the first day I got the laptop, it was .308. I've flashed BIOSes 309, 311, 313? also, but no such Firmwares were found in the list.

What I did was uninstall Armoury Crate with the uninstall tool, reboot, install it again - Voila - one problem I've had with 4.08 was gone! I always booted into perhaps a "Silent" mode, even tho it said "Manual" (and I have selected Manual), mem freq was always 6001MHz, so I've had to select Silent mode, wait until it showed the correct 7001 MHz and then select Manual mode with 7001 MHz mem. THAT IS FIXED.
EDIT: When I have done the "Silent->Manual" switch myself and REBOOT, no problems, it always showed 7001 MHz, but it ALWAYS showed 6001 MHz and Manual mode with COLDBOOT - that is the fixed part

But, ALL GPU OC is gone, sliders for CPU and GPU are missing again, if I select Turbo, it should give 7150 (7151?) MHz mem, still showing 7001.
If I OC with MSI Afterburner, no protests from that app, but Unigine crashes, so does UserBenchMark - OC is a no no right now.

I installed the "ACConfig_G713QR_1.0.5" ConfigInstaller.exe that gave me the GPU/CPU sliders back when I first installed 4.08 and got missing GPU/CPU sliders, that didn't help.

Maybe I'll try to replace the .315 firmware to the old one, .308 - but then I'd probably have the "Silent/Manual" mode issue -

I've seen an Amazon customer of this laptop who returned it, he was always playing GPU in 55W, so would I do if I didn't switch to Silent and back to other mode.

Yes, I always have the ac adapter connected 😉

BTW: NVIDIA driver 466.27 switches mem freq 6001/7001 on my laptop (in Warzone, Unigine), never seen this happen. I reinstalled 466.11, mem was all 7001 Mhz, but I also got the highest Unigine Superposition 1080P Medium score with 466.27, so I installed it again.

More to the mystery: UserBenchMark showed my RTX 3070 driver as AMD driver???, copy paste from the results:
Nvidia RTX 3070 (Laptop)
2,485 User benchmarks, average bench 110%
Asus(1043 106C) ≥ 4GB
Ram: 512MB, Driver: 20.40.44.02 <-------------------------

Also, there is another Asus Firmware from Windows Update:
ASUS Tech. Inc. - Firmware - 13.82.0.2 <----- Second day with this laptop, Feb 3rd

Edit// This morning Armoury Crate updated itself, HWPlugin 4.0.9.0 and AURA Lignting effect add-on 0.0.15 were the news, and today I can see all items in Drivers & Components, was blank after the reinstall yesterday. When I click About, nothing has changed:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
Armoury Crate service 4.0.12
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.0.0

I've got Swedish language in Windows 10, Armoury Crate is in Swedish, want it in English please 🙂

EDIT // Maybe I'm imagining, but the ac adapter (on my desk since cord is too short to reach the floor) is cool, like body temperature, laptop has been on for 12 hours. No gaming or watching Youtube/Twitch for many hours now, just surfing. I have never noticed this cool ac adapter...

EDIT // I tested OC only on GPU Mem, +200 in MSI Afterburner: Unigine Superposition ran well. I added +50 to the Core: It crashed immediately -driver 466.27

PrakahrKhare wrote:
Hey,

Can you help me with the link to download Armoury Crate from Microsoft Store as I couldn't find it on my Microsoft Store.

Hello, this is the link online https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/armoury-crate-beta/9pm9dfqrdh3f?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It seems to have been removed from the store. However, good news, I did find a new work around. Which worked again for me after I did a reinstall of windows.
Here are the steps to I did.

1. Install the Latest version available of the Armoury Crate. You can find them on the myasus app or directly on Asus Website. Reboot after the installation.
2. Then go to the MS Store and Click on the . . . on the top right of the window. Click My Library, You should see the Armoury Crate Beta "installed" If you see it then you have the beta link but the new version installed. Don't worry here is the workaround.
3. Then click the . . . on the right of the Armoury crate and "pin to start". Then Close the store.
4. Then use the uninstall tool from Asus to remove the New version of Armoury Crate BUT DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT RESTART.
5. After the Uninstall Go back to the store and then select The beta you pinned and press "GET" which is above the redeem button, mind you it will be version 2.7+ version.
6. After it is installed Do not reboot. Just run the application.
7. Boom. You should have ROG Boost. If you do then you can Reboot.
8. Then last you can Update to the latest version of Armoury Crate and you will retain ROG BOOST

I hope that helps.

bnarvaez wrote:
Hello, this is the link online https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/armoury-crate-beta/9pm9dfqrdh3f?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It seems to have been removed from the store. However, good news, I did find a new work around. Which worked again for me after I did a reinstall of windows.
Here are the steps to I did.

1. Install the Latest version available of the Armoury Crate. You can find them on the myasus app or directly on Asus Website. Reboot after the installation.
2. Then go to the MS Store and Click on the . . . on the top right of the window. Click My Library, You should see the Armoury Crate Beta "installed" If you see it then you have the beta link but the new version installed. Don't worry here is the workaround.
3. Then click the . . . on the right of the Armoury crate and "pin to start". Then Close the store.
4. Then use the uninstall tool from Asus to remove the New version of Armoury Crate BUT DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT RESTART.
5. After the Uninstall Go back to the store and then select The beta you pinned and press "GET" which is above the redeem button, mind you it will be version 2.7+ version.
6. After it is installed Do not reboot. Just run the application.
7. Boom. You should have ROG Boost. If you do then you can Reboot.
8. Then last you can Update to the latest version of Armoury Crate and you will retain ROG BOOST

I hope that helps.

Hi,
I tried your way, but when I uninstall the armoury crate, it was removed from pinned place, and I could not find it on my library and I could not install it from ms store 😞

Does anyone have armourycrate config set up files for GX502GW? Can you share it please if so?

I can't seem to find that file anywhere on the web. Mind sharing the file or where you found it please? I also have the G703GX