cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RefreshRateService not working

AstraL154
Level 9
Hello ASUS, do you know your program RefreshRateService doesn't work?

actual for versions 2.0.1 2.0.3 2.0.5 2.0.6
17 REPLIES 17

My overdrive button is missing after last update and also since we are here ive had display button missing for a good while which used to let me change the display setting from cinema to fps etc ...

but more importantly my 3ms button is missing ....

Hi guys, installing the linked version (2.1.0) of the refreshrate service solved the issue for me (gx701gxr).

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/RefreshRateService/RefreshRateService_V2.1.0...

ivoccaa
Level 7
ok its work now with Version V2.1.0
Thank you ASUS for fast fix.

AstraL154
Level 9
Replaced the panel on the laptop with a better one, and the Refresh Rate Service stopped working

AstraL154
Level 9
Replaced the panel on the laptop with a better one, and the Refresh Rate Service stopped working again

Laptop g712lu
Replaced terrible BOE NV173FHM-NX1 panel with LP173WFG-SPB1

Service cannot be started. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: name
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.ValidateKeyName(String name)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name)
at MonitorRefreshRateService.MonitorRefreshRateService.GetRefreshRate()
at MonitorRefreshRateService.MonitorRefreshRateService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Failed in handling the PowerEvent. The error that occurred was: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MonitorRefreshRateService.MonitorRefreshRateService.OnPowerEvent(PowerBroadcastStatus powerStatus)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredPowerEvent(Int32 eventType, IntPtr eventData).

AstraL154 wrote:
Replaced the panel on the laptop with a better one, and the Refresh Rate Service stopped working

Laptop g712lu
Replaced terrible BOE NV173FHM-NX1 panel with LP173WFG-SPB1

Service cannot be started. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: name
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.ValidateKeyName(String name)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name)
at MonitorRefreshRateService.MonitorRefreshRateService.GetRefreshRate()
at MonitorRefreshRateService.MonitorRefreshRateService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Failed in handling the PowerEvent. The error that occurred was: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MonitorRefreshRateService.MonitorRefreshRateService.OnPowerEvent(PowerBroadcastStatus powerStatus)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredPowerEvent(Int32 eventType, IntPtr eventData).

I have same problem.
Please help

Let me remind, that due to an incorrectly configured overdrive function, an appears effects called "inverse ghosting" or "overshoot":

For example game Rimworld

To summarize, if the overdrive function does not work correctly, then on regular monitors it can be disabled from the monitor menu.
In laptops, this feature is usually disabled from proprietary software: such ASUS Armoury crate, MSI center, Lenovo vantage, etc.

In our case, to disable overdrive, you must additionally install the notorious RefreshRateService, which in some cases does not work for some reason.

AstraL154
Level 9

Example of displaying red color in AIDA64 😱

LM8irYO