cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me. Rog qi throne being ridiculous

Herls
Level 8
Hello.

I just purchased a Theta 7.1 headset and the QI Throne. I have seen the two marketed together, but I cannot FOR THE LOVE OF GOD get it to work. The headset itself when plugged into the computer itself worked great. Wonderful. Then I got the Throne a day later and holy hell. So when you plug in the Throne, it overrides the headset as input and output....and absolutely no sound comes out. Nothing. I tried plugging in the headset USB to the USB port on the side of the throne, nothing. Worst of all. When you unplug the throne, now armory crate WONT REGONIZE THE THETA 7.1!!! At all. So not theres still no sound and my brand new headset doesn't work.

What the hell is up with this thing? How do I get the Theta 7.1 AND the Throne to work in tandem as advertised.

** Update. Armory crate recognizes my headset if I disconnect the USB and use the Type C connection. Throne still does not produce sound. There is a 3.5mm audio jack but the Theta 7.1 does not come with such an adaptor....who knows why not.

Any help is appreaciated. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Herls,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Does everything work ok if you connect the ROG Theta 7.1 and Throne Qi to their own separate motherboard usb ports?

Click the picture below to make it bigger.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Herls,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Does everything work ok if you connect the ROG Theta 7.1 and Throne Qi to their own separate motherboard usb ports?

Click the picture below to make it bigger.

Hello Nate. Thank you for the reply.

When using the USB's, no they do not work. Connecting my headset via USB, and then the Throne QI via its USB causes the audio input and output to default to the QI and the Theta to disappear entirely from my computer as an option. Before plugging in the Throne QI for the first time, the USB for the Theta worked fine. It only started doing this after I plugged in the Theta for the first time.

The Theta works if I use the Type C connector to my motherboard, but the cord is so ridiculously short its inconvenient.

Nate152
Try using the USB-C to USB-A adapter cable, it should be in the ROG Theta 7.1 box.

Nate152 wrote:
Try using the USB-C to USB-A adapter cable, it should be in the ROG Theta 7.1 box.

That is what I was saying in my last two posts. That is the USB cord I used originally. It came with the headset. Before the Throne QI, it read the headset via the USB-A just fine. Now after with Throne QI, my PC refused to acknowledge the Theta 7.1 when the Throne is plugged in. It only acknowledges the Theta if I use the type-C.

Not only that, but when the USB cord from the Theta is plugged into the Throne, absolutely no audio comes out at all. Nothing. I understand it won't utilize the amplifier which is ridiculous in its own right, but shouldn't it still play audio normally?

Nate152
Thank you,

Is Armoury Crate and all devices updated?

As I don't have the ROG Throne Qi, I can't say for certain if it would work, it says the amp and DAC aren't used when connecting with usb.

It seems there is some sort of conflict going on but from what you're saying, an easy solution would be a USB-C to USB-C extension cable.