cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to update to AC 5.4.8.0

Dictation
Level 8
As it's clarified that the latest AC version is 5.4.8.0, I've checked for updates many times, but the version sticks to 5.3.4.0.97271
(I live in China so there are Chinese characters, but the version can still be distinguished.)
9 REPLIES 9

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
5.4.8.0 was pull out until final touces are done. Update is coming soon with a new number. All users will get 5.3.4.0.

Users that has 5.4.8.0 updates where release and is on semi state stable but has it fixes to be done. users can uninstall and install and get the 5.3.4.0
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
5.4.8.0 was pull out until final touches are done. Update is coming soon with a new number. All users will get 5.3.4.0.

Users that have 5.4.8.0 updates where release and is on semi state stable, but has it fixes to be done. users can uninstall and install and get the 5.3.4.0
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
5.4.8.0 was pull out until final touches are done. Update is coming soon with a new number. All users will get 5.3.4.0.

Users that have 5.4.8.0 updates where release and is on semi state stable, but has it fixes to be done. users can uninstall and install and get the 5.3.4.0

I have tried to reinstall Armory Crate numerous times. I am always getting 5.4.8.0. I am using ArmouryCrateInstaller_3.2.5.2. How do I install 5.3.4.0?

kahatanna7 wrote:
I have tried to reinstall Armory Crate numerous times. I am always getting 5.4.8.0. I am using ArmouryCrateInstaller_3.2.5.2. How do I install 5.3.4.0?

Did you uninstall it with Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V2.1.11.0 before reinstalling the ArmouryCrateInstaller_3.2.5.2

cekeu wrote:
Did you uninstall it with Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V2.1.11.0 before reinstalling the ArmouryCrateInstaller_3.2.5.2

Yes, of course. With making sure no traces of previous installation left both in files and registry

kahatanna7 wrote:
Yes, of course. With making sure no traces of previous installation left both in files and registry

Any attempt to manually remove files and registry entries breaks the armoury crate. What this means is you won't get a good reinstall of the program.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Any attempt to manually remove files and registry entries breaks the armoury crate. What this means is you won't get a good reinstall of the program.

Then why ASUS recommend following this guide?:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?132181-Armoury-Crate-Fixed

3) Search "Regedit" for left over entries and delete
(Note 1: Just use words "Armoury" and "Aura" one by one to remove all related entries)
(Note 2: Windows not let you remove several entries, don't worry, just keep searching and delete)
4) Once Registry done... Delete left over folders Under "Asus Directory in both (ProgramFiles and ProgramFiles x86)
5) Once done, Go to "C:\Users\Your User name\Appdata" Now find by words "Armoury" and "Aura" one by one and remove all files and folders for both

It implies removing registry entries.

So who is correct here?

So you are recommended after we use the Uninstall Tool, we don't delete any left lover and do the reinstall?

ZeroCool22 wrote:
Then why ASUS recommend following this guide?:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?132181-Armoury-Crate-Fixed

It implies removing registry entries.

So who is correct here?

So you are recommended after we use the Uninstall Tool, we don't delete any left lover and do the reinstall?

I looked up the official Asus Armoury Crate FAQ and here is the link. There is a troubleshoot section that talks about uninstalling and reinstalling. You can also find posts in this forum by Moderators or by MasterC@ROG which provide reliable info.

Here is that link if you need it. https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1041654

MrAgapiGC wrote:

ASUS SCAR 18 lose rear light with 5.3.4.0. Only way is to use esupport folder and install 5.4.6.0 but there is no ac icon. Please add option to download 5.4.8.0