cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse randomly disconnects for several minutes

DSD27
Level 7
Months ago my still new TUF Gaming M3 mouse started to randomly disconnect and immediately reconnect, almost unnoticed, I would just hear the disconnected device sound and see the RGB color restarting.
Now, every day the mouse appears dead when I boot the computer. I have to spend 1, 3, 10, sometimes 20 minutes replunging the USB cable until eventually it magically comes back to life. After one or two ours, it disconnects out of nowhere and I have to replug the USB cable, one or several times again.
I also have the TUIF Gaming K3 keyboard, but the mouse is the only device that is doing this and it doesn't matter which USB port I use.
Armoury Crate is so buggy, could it be that it broke the mouse with an SDK update? Anyone ever had this problem?
9 REPLIES 9

cekeu
Level 12
Maybe trying this?

1- Go to the device manager by writing it in the search bar.
2-Go to mouse and other pointing devices choose the mouse.
3-Go to Power Management.
4- And finally disable the 2nd option which is written "Allow this device to exit the computer in sleep mode".

cekeu wrote:
Maybe trying this?

1- Go to the device manager by writing it in the search bar.
2-Go to mouse and other pointing devices choose the mouse.
3-Go to Power Management.
4- And finally disable the 2nd option which is written "Allow this device to exit the computer in sleep mode".

I did that already. Along with disabling Selective USB Hibernation in power management. I even disabled C-States. Didn't work.
I've now completely uninstalled Armoury Crate and all the Asus garbage services that run in the background for no reason. I've also uninstalled the mouse in Device Manager.
Is it normal for the mouse to appear in the keyboard tab and vice versa? Also the mouse appears twice.

DSD27 wrote:
I did that already. Along with disabling Selective USB Hibernation in power management. I even disabled C-States. Didn't work.
I've now completely uninstalled Armoury Crate and all the Asus garbage services that run in the background for no reason. I've also uninstalled the mouse in Device Manager.
Is it normal for the mouse to appear in the keyboard tab and vice versa? Also the mouse appears twice.

DSD27, if I understand what you are saying by "I've now completely uninstalled Armoury Crate and all the Asus garbage services that run in the background for no reason." It sounds like you are possibly causing some of your own issues. I have the M3 and the K1. Never seen this type of problem myself. You can't get back to nirvana by hacking into the windows system and cutting out pieces of the software. Start over with a new windows and get our advice or post your logs to the Issues thread before you try to fix it yourself.

cekeu wrote:
It's normal that it appears twice

maybe you could try another mouse or try this mouse on another pc and if it is still under warranty send it back.

I can see you also have your mouse appearing as keyboard and your keyboard appearing as mouse. Strange, seems to be usual then.

Jimbo93 wrote:
DSD27, if I understand what you are saying by "I've now completely uninstalled Armoury Crate and all the Asus garbage services that run in the background for no reason." It sounds like you are possibly causing some of your own issues. I have the M3 and the K1. Never seen this type of problem myself. You can't get back to nirvana by hacking into the windows system and cutting out pieces of the software. Start over with a new windows and get our advice or post your logs to the Issues thread before you try to fix it yourself.

Nah. I've always been using Armoury Crate and updating my mouse/keyboard with it. I've only uninstalled it yesterday as a last resource to see if I can improve this long lasting situation, before I try a fresh windows installation which I would really like to avoid.
Armoury Crate is mostly necessary for RGB control, it's not needed for the peripheral to work, it's a utility not a driver.

cekeu
Level 12
It's normal that it appears twice

maybe you could try another mouse or try this mouse on another pc and if it is still under warranty send it back.

Jimbo93
Level 12
If armoury crate was working then try this. Pause windows updates. Get the utility called driver store explorer from GitHub and use it to force delete the rog mouse and keyboard drivers and reboot. Then go into device manager and set it to show devices by connection. Test your mouse and keyboard for the issues you had. Still having problems then try reinstalling the motherboard chipset drivers.

DSD27
Level 7
I tried the mouse on another computer, it also didn't work. Back to my computer, I had to replug the cable many times during half an hour for it to come back to life.
It seems to be a problem with the mouse, internally. I'm not sure what could cause this behavior, the mouse works perfectly for many hours straight and then out of nowhere, or the next day when booting the PC, it will appear dead for several minutes.
Don't know if a future firmware update could fix this...

DSD27 wrote:
I tried the mouse on another computer, it also didn't work. Back to my computer, I had to replug the cable many times during half an hour for it to come back to life.
It seems to be a problem with the mouse, internally. I'm not sure what could cause this behavior, the mouse works perfectly for many hours straight and then out of nowhere, or the next day when booting the PC, it will appear dead for several minutes.
Don't know if a future firmware update could fix this...

When you say it appears to be dead for several minutes, does the mouse cursor show at all during this time? If its a case where the cursor shows but you cannot move it, then that would seem to involve the optical sensor or the surface you are using it on. If the cursor does NOT show then the device is not detected at all and it might just be a bad plug/wire. Or its just a bad mouse period.

Jimbo93 wrote:
When you say it appears to be dead for several minutes, does the mouse cursor show at all during this time? If its a case where the cursor shows but you cannot move it, then that would seem to involve the optical sensor or the surface you are using it on. If the cursor does NOT show then the device is not detected at all and it might just be a bad plug/wire. Or its just a bad mouse period.

The mouse is completely off, no RGB light, nothing, and the cursor disappears form the screen.