cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Model Identifier update breaking armoury crate

ATOdinson
Level 9
Downloading the latest Model Identifier update for my motherboard causes my motherboard to no longer be regonized by armoury crate. This prevents me from using Fan Xpert, as well as many other issues.

I did a full clean reinstall of armoury crate thinking my install had bugged. Everything was working perfectly, right up to the point that I downloaded the model identifier update. The moment that installed, it broke in the same exact way.
17 REPLIES 17

jaderaso
Level 7
Same Problem here. Every time I reboot the system, it begins the first time installation again. I'm not able to open Armoury Crate every time.
When it opens, I'm not able to update the model identifier and I've lost control of the motherboard functions. Sometimes I'm able to access the keyboard and mice functions. But after rebooting, it stops working again. I tried reinstall, but the problem persists.

jaderaso wrote:
Same Problem here. Every time I reboot the system, it begins the first time installation again. I'm not able to open Armoury Crate every time.
When it opens, I'm not able to update the model identifier and I've lost control of the motherboard functions. Sometimes I'm able to access the keyboard and mice functions. But after rebooting, it stops working again. I tried reinstall, but the problem persists.

Yeah, I have noticed that I have to search for updates to get the motherboard to appear, but even then most of the time I cant actually access it. I get an error message. Once in a while forcing it to show up like that gives me access, but that access goes away after a while, or after a reboot.

Same issue with Maximus Formula Z690...

It`s always the same: When AC shows an Update, my heart feels like standing still and my Hands began to sweat, because my brain is asking "will all be functional after the update & reboot?"

And it`s always the same answer: NO!

t0t0_b00 wrote:
Same issue with Maximus Formula Z690...

It`s always the same: When AC shows an Update, my heart feels like standing still and my Hands began to sweat, because my brain is asking "will all be functional after the update & reboot?"

And it`s always the same answer: NO!

Lets hope for a quick hotfix or something like that. Because this is an obnoxious bug.

ATOdinson
Level 9
Update:

I did yet another reinstall, this time I have refused to install the update to model identifier, and everything is working perfectly. Guess I will just avoid installing this update. (I also figured out how to back up my Aura FX profiles)

Same problem here. After installing 5.4.8.0 my motherboard (Crosshair VIII Dark Hero) is gone from detected devices.

fantasma_sd wrote:
Same problem here. After installing 5.4.8.0 my motherboard (Crosshair VIII Dark Hero) is gone from detected devices.

Updating to 5.4.10.0 solved the problem for me!

Archtype
Level 8

I installed graphic card identifier model 0.0.5.3, now I can't open live stream from my radeon app