cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Z690 Hero (possibly other boards): AIO/W_PUMP+ headers transposed in FanXpert

Brigman
Level 9
Have mentioned this in the Armoury Crate sticky a couple of weeks ago but no movement despite a number of updates since.

Have noticed an issue with this Z690 Hero and FanXpert - and it's remained despite a full OS reinstall and all the latest updates to the Crate and the motherboard components.

When plugging devices into either or both the W_Pump+ and AIO_Pump headers on the board, both can be fully independently tuned and monitored inside the UEFI's Q-Fan/Monitoring section exactly as expected.

However, inside Armoury Crate/FanXpert, the speed controls are transposed: A pump (or fan) connected to the AIO Pump header will display its rotation speed inside the AIO Pump section, as expected. However, it is necessary to adjust the fan cuve in the W_PUMP+ section to change the performance of the AIO_Pump header.

Equally, when a device connected to the W_PUMP+ header, it needs to have its speed adjusted via the AIO Pump section's speed curve.

This is obviously confusing to the user - and also seems to make a mess of FanXpert's automated fan tuning algorithm if a pump/fan is connected to either header.

Anyone else experiencing the same, and if so, how best to report to Asus?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
It will help if anyone else seeing this issue chimes in. Knowing it's widespread will give it a better chance of a quick fix by ASUS.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Brigman
Level 9

Brigman
Level 9
Thanks @xeromist. This might be an edge case - but it's annoying when you're dealing with it.

Did your bump indicate that you've found the same problem?

xeromist
No, I'm afraid I do not have a z690 to test with. (and on my x570 board it looks fine)
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…