cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Issue

rabso1997
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I have an Asus ROG G703GX desktop replacement laptop.
I have had it since 2019, last year I started experiencing an issue with my keyboard, LED backlight, and the ROG logo at the back of the screen.
as I boot the laptop, neither of these items start with the laptop and it takes a couple of minutes until they boot normally as nothing happened.
Also, the problem progressed and now I can't even control the brightness of the LED using the hotkeys (I need to use Armoury crate to do so).
I tried everything from software to hardware and still, nothing happened.
Did anyone face the same issue before?
1 REPLY 1

Jimbo93
Level 12
rabso1997 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have an Asus ROG G703GX desktop replacement laptop.
I have had it since 2019, last year I started experiencing an issue with my keyboard, LED backlight, and the ROG logo at the back of the screen.
as I boot the laptop, neither of these items start with the laptop and it takes a couple of minutes until they boot normally as nothing happened.
Also, the problem progressed and now I can't even control the brightness of the LED using the hotkeys (I need to use Armoury crate to do so).
I tried everything from software to hardware and still, nothing happened.
Did anyone face the same issue before?

Hi rabso,
I don't have that type of system, so just general questions that might shed some light. Have you looked at all in windows event logs, especially Application Event log maybe also System Log, for any indication of programs crashing? Second question, if you open the windows task manager and select details tab and sort Name column alphabetically, do you find a process running called AsusCertService.exe? Hopefully someone have more info for you but in the meantime these answers may provide some clues.

Crashing programs will create error events, but not all error events are significant, so we are looking for ones that involve asus software mostly.