cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Armoury Crate and ROG Flow Z13 - not detecting monitor

EdwardQ
Level 10
I have been using Armoury Crate with my 2022 Asus ROG Flow Z13 without a problem - when I plugged in my external GPU it would detect it and I could use my larger screen as my main display.

Unfortunately, yesterday I upgraded to the latest cumulative patch for Windows 11, and also upgraded to v531.18 of the Nvidia drivers - my installation of Armoury Crate v5.4.8 was corrupted and would not display anything when loaded, however as I didn't unplug my external GPU, everything was ok.

However when I upgraded yesterday, Armoury Crate gave a strange error saying I had to disconnect the external GPU (which I did), and ever since then it won't detect my external display via the eGPU any more ... however I know the display works as when I plug in my USB C cable from the eGPU to monitor it works.

Also device manager on the Z13 shows the Nvidia GPU.

With this in mind, I'd like to try installing v5.4.10 of Armoury Crate to see whether it will fix the problem - but can someone please tell me:

1) Is v5.4.10 available as a clean download? As my current 5.4.8 isn't working I can't rely on it to upgrade to the latest version correctly
2) Will a new uninstall tool be released for this?

Many thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Jimbo93
Level 12
If it was my system, I’d probably just rollback the driver in device manager and maybe uninstall the cumulative update to try and get it working. Using the ac uninstall tool and reinstalling shouldn’t cause any issue either. On my system what I do now is use the drivers that asus release on the support page or on the ac driver page only. I don’t even let windows update drivers stay in place I roll them back if they install.

Jimbo93 wrote:
If it was my system, I’d probably just rollback the driver in device manager and maybe uninstall the cumulative update to try and get it working. Using the ac uninstall tool and reinstalling shouldn’t cause any issue either. On my system what I do now is use the drivers that asus release on the support page in on the ac driver page only. I don’t even let windows update drivers stay in place I roll them back if they install.

Yep - tried all that subsequent to my initial post - didn't work ... cause that would just be too easy!

I checked in program and features and I am getting v5.4.10 installed - but it does what v5.4.8 did which is constantly install peripherals - and asking for reboot - and then doing the same thing again ....

It would be lovely to work with a dev on here to get it fixed!

Jimbo93
Level 12
I would give you things to try but it’s kind of risky. For example, if there is a problem occurring with periphal device install then pause windows updates and use driver store explorer to delete any rog aura device drivers and restart. Then run ac installer again.

Jimbo93
Level 12
I had another thought. Have you ever tried resetting apps? For example in your situation I think resetting the nvidia control panel and the MS store app would be worth a shot. This is a safer procedure than my previous suggestion. 1) uninstall Ac with the uninstaller. 2) Go to windows settings-installed apps and find nvidia control panel, select advanced settings, reset it. Now do the same for microsoft store. Restart the system. See if that corrected anything. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the nvidia driver at this point.

EdwardQ
Level 10
@jimbo93 I appreciate your suggestions, but I think my issue is a lot more fundamental than just getting AC working, hence I need someone from Asus to help.

On the ROG Flow Z13, it has an eGPU with a custom connector - whenever you plugin or unplug the connector, what looks like an AC prompt appears to request that any applications will be closed to transfer to the larger screen.

This prompt no longer appears - probably because AC doesn't work on my machine anymore for some reason

@masterC Is there any way I could get some focus from an Asus AC engineer re. this please?

EdwardQ
Level 10