cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with armoury crate

Coldy
Level 7
First of, Hello all

Now i have no idea if this fits in here but feel free to move t where it belongs.

Ive been having the following issue ever since windows install (windows 11 64bit home)
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11.‎5.‎2022.
OS build 22000.675
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0

Armoury crate keeps haing faulting errors in event viewer:

Faulting application name: ArmouryAudioAgent.exe, version: 1.0.0.8, time stamp: 0x625398d8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.675, time stamp: 0x55e50a16
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0013f162
Faulting process ID: 0x4428
Faulting application start time: 0x01d86d732a9dc392
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\AudioSDK\AudioAgent\ArmouryAudioAgent.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: db9cd4e9-4708-4331-8791-cbd9e80e06d2

Anyone familliar with this, supposingly it causes blue screens for my pc.
21 REPLIES 21

Nate152
Thank you

Reinstalling windows should fix all problems.

What I would do is reinstall windows, update all drivers and windows then install Armoury Crate last.

I never had any issues doing it this way.

Here is a list of things that can cause the .NET Runtime error.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Reinstalling windows should fix all problems.

What I would do is reinstall windows, update all drivers and windows then install Armoury Crate last.

I never had any issues doing it this way.

Here is a list of things that can cause the .NET Runtime error.

Windows was installed 1 month ago, everything was updated and armoury crate was installed last.

I can keep reinstalling windows 10 more times and i will still have same issue, it doesn't fix it.

Had the issue with stuttering too and didnt even know it was caused by a fail bios 420x version for X570 e-gaming board untill i yday installed new one and during download i actually found out that they fixed the stutter for which i couldnt find the culprit at all...

I want everyone to open their event viewer and look if the find the errors mentioned above and pretty sure im not the only one with the issue.

Everything works fine its just why does it list those errors then, there has to be a bug within audio coding of armoury crate.

Coldy wrote:
Windows was installed 1 month ago, everything was updated and armoury crate was installed last.

I can keep reinstalling windows 10 more times and i will still have same issue, it doesn't fix it.

Had the issue with stuttering too and didnt even know it was caused by a fail bios 420x version for X570 e-gaming board untill i yday installed new one and during download i actually found out that they fixed the stutter for which i couldnt find the culprit at all...

I want everyone to open their event viewer and look if the find the errors mentioned above and pretty sure im not the only one with the issue.

Everything works fine its just why does it list those errors then, there has to be a bug within audio coding of armoury crate.

Bro, trust me, none of the Assus ROG staff is gonna help you here, not even when you make an ticket.. Why? They simply don't care..

These problems date back since they released Aura software and its buggy ever since.

Its not only Aura software tho, its the Assus ROG hardware that is at fault here too. The problems you have among many others is related to the EC sensor which i explain in my video.

I contacted Mumak from HWINFO64, Aida64 engineer on their forum, The Stilt on Overclock.net and Elmor, former R&D engineer and they all saw that the sensor is broken and not reliable as it has access to the wrong registers and i have proof of that.

Do yourself an favor and never buy Assus motherboard again because they continue to use this erratic sensor even on their top tier Intel and AMD motherboards..
Hell, half of the settings of the Assus ROG boards don't even do anything or no one knows what they do lmao.

You want stable working board without this insanity? Get Gigabyte man.

Cheers!

Back to your usual antics eh? If I had your board, Im pretty confident I could get it working.

Hurricane28 wrote:
Bro, trust me, none of the Assus ROG staff is gonna help you here, not even when you make an ticket.. Why? They simply don't care..

These problems date back since they released Aura software and its buggy ever since.

Its not only Aura software tho, its the Assus ROG hardware that is at fault here too. The problems you have among many others is related to the EC sensor which i explain in my video.

I contacted Mumak from HWINFO64, Aida64 engineer on their forum, The Stilt on Overclock.net and Elmor, former R&D engineer and they all saw that the sensor is broken and not reliable as it has access to the wrong registers and i have proof of that.

Do yourself an favor and never buy Assus motherboard again because they continue to use this erratic sensor even on their top tier Intel and AMD motherboards..
Hell, half of the settings of the Assus ROG boards don't even do anything or no one knows what they do lmao.

You want stable working board without this insanity? Get Gigabyte man.

Cheers!

Jimbo93 wrote:
Back to your usual antics eh? If I had your board, Im pretty confident I could get it working.

Well, i just hate being scammed and being lied to and that is exactly what Assus ROG is doing by keep using the cheapo EC controller they can't work with.

I got AC working, its only buggy as hell and causes a lot of system latency and is simply impossible to remove without reinstalling Windows.

My nephew got an Gigabyte x470 board, the AORUS ultra gaming i believe, and never had any issues with it. In the beginning yes but never like on the ROG boards.
Performance is similar as well. BIOS is better on ROG boards tho, but half of the settings don't do anything or no one knows what they do but you pay extra for features you never gonna use. Same as for the temp and EC sensor, cool that you can monitor from it but if you do you open up a whole can of whoopass on you.

I mean, they work with this EC controller for over 5 years now and it still causes issues.. If its the controller at fault they have to stop buying it and putting it on even their high end boards. If its the software, ROG software team is embarrassingly incompetent of making software which is even worse.
OR they don't care and keep buying this EC controller and keep "updating" this AC program until enough people complain about it.

None of the above is good and none of the issues are on Gigabyte nor on MSI boards existing.

I really don't understand why you keep defending ROG in this one to be honest, i'm starting to think that you are an employee or gets payed by ROG or simply an fan of ROG.

Nate152
I choose to monitor the EC sensor and I'm not having any issues, you don't have to monitor the EC sensor. I'm not saying I've never had an issue with Armoury Crate but when I do, it's usually because of some other update like a windows update that can cause problems with Armoury Crate.

I would think it's a constant battle with windows and ASUS does a good job with updating Armoury Crate and fixing things when problems occur.

System instability can also cause problems, maybe try at default settings for a while.

Can you guys go back to my issue and not steal over thread 😄 ?

Thank you.

Coldy wrote:
Can you guys go back to my issue and not steal over thread 😄 ?

Thank you.

Coldy, apologies to you. The error you are experiencing is one I haven’t seen. Certain AC features are specific to hardware and I don’t think my installation uses any audio features. If I were going to troubleshoot that issue, I would start by reinstalling any audio drivers and checking that you have the current audio software and drivers from the support page for your hardware. You might also check with windows device manager that all devices are recognized and working so no devices are marked with a yellow exclamation point or red x.

if all of that looks good, then use the uninstall tool for AC and uninstall it, follow that by forcing windows to run a maintenance cycle, and then try installing AC after maintenance tasks. The other thought I have is using the windows troubleshooter for windows updates and windows store apps, rebooting and checking for updates, windows updates and store updates. Sometimes updates will install drivers that are needed.

lastly, have you read MasterC’s instructions for submitting a log to them? If the problem is with AC and not some other windows issue then submitting a log per his thread is the best path forward. They fixed a keyboard issue for me in a matter of days after receiving my log.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Coldy, apologies to you. The error you are experiencing is one I haven’t seen. Certain AC features are specific to hardware and I don’t think my installation uses any audio features. If I were going to troubleshoot that issue, I would start by reinstalling any audio drivers and checking that you have the current audio software and drivers from the support page for your hardware. You might also check with windows device manager that all devices are recognized and working so no devices are marked with a yellow exclamation point or red x.

if all of that looks good, then use the uninstall tool for AC and uninstall it, follow that by forcing windows to run a maintenance cycle, and then try installing AC after maintenance tasks. The other thought I have is using the windows troubleshooter for windows updates and windows store apps, rebooting and checking for updates, windows updates and store updates. Sometimes updates will install drivers that are needed.

lastly, have you read MasterC’s instructions for submitting a log to them? If the problem is with AC and not some other windows issue then submitting a log per his thread is the best path forward. They fixed a keyboard issue for me in a matter of days after receiving my log.

It def doesnt use any motherboard audio drivers or chips, sorry for stating this this late but im using ROG Theta 7.1 headphones which use usb-c connection and are controlled directly from armoury crate.

Reinstalling doesnt fix any isue and it keeps reapearing.
Everything works just i wanna get rid of the error in event viewer, which seems i wont get rid of.

Coldy wrote:
It def doesnt use any motherboard audio drivers or chips, sorry for stating this this late but im using ROG Theta 7.1 headphones which use usb-c connection and are controlled directly from armoury crate.

Reinstalling doesnt fix any isue and it keeps reapearing.
Everything works just i wanna get rid of the error in event viewer, which seems i wont get rid of.

I am using thetas with ac 5.4.10.0 with Any problems at all. What i am NOT using are the drivers of the board. Only what windows give on install on windows 11.

i have use the adapter to usb3.0 and direct to board /case with any issues at all.

I am still going to investigate some issues on Go2.4 wireless that using it on current drivers (forums and oems) with z690 beta bios 2303 and last board firmware cause usb disconnection sounds but product still working. and have both plug. Same with other perks. but that is different story for later.

but aside that and a crash on UI on certain conditions that is being investigated by developers' team, that is much it. and also something with my profile.

all issues have to pass to armory crate post to report it. no log no post, no one will see it
Learn, Play Enjoy!