cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue after using the uninstaller.

Monkeyman7890
Level 7
Armoury Crate was not detecting my ram so I decided I would try using the new uninstaller to uninstall everything then reinstall. The uninstaller seemed to run fine, I then restarted and ran the installer. After it finished installing none of my devices are detected now and there are two updates showing that will not install.

I noticed that in the UN-installer log it says the following for HalDLL.

[2020-10-29 19:56:34][HalDLL] HAL Count : 0
[2020-10-29 19:56:34][HalDLL] 3rd HAL Count : 7
[2020-10-29 19:57:18][HalDLL] Uninstall Hal related registry
[2020-10-29 19:57:18][HalDLL] Uninstall Hal end
[2020-10-29 19:57:18][HalDLL] HAL Count : 0
[2020-10-29 19:57:18][HalDLL] 3rd HAL Count : 4

I am wondering if the '3rd HAL Count 4' means that some components are were not fully uninstalled. Here is the full uninstaller log. Does this seem right?

It also appears that after running the uninstaller I still have these folders under Program Files/ASUS. I am wondering if these are the '3rd HAL Count 4' that is mentioned in the uninstaller log since there are 4 Aac folders left.
1. Aac_AIOFan
2. Aac_ExtCard
3. AacMB
4. AacVGAHal
5. Armoury Crate Service Core

Once Armoury Crate opens I have the following problems:

1) Armoury Crate does not detect any devices and when I click on my motherboard in Armoury Crate it says "This model is not currently supported".

2) The update center shows two updates
Update 1) ASUS HAL Central Version 20201015
Update 2) PRIME X570-PRO - HAL Version 1.1.14

Clicking update for just update for either seems to run (the progress bar moves) but after it "finishes" the updates the HTML and Device SDK go away and HAL still remains and the version for it changes from 1.1.14 to 1.0.68.

Restarting does not solve the problem and running the uninstaller again then re running the installer does not fix it.

Here are my computers specs:
Motherboard: Asus Prime X570 Pro with latest BIOS version (2802)
Aura Sync products: Asus Prime X570 Pro, Asus String RTX 2080 Super, Coolermaster ML360R RGB, GSkill Trident Z RGB (2 sticks)
3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: Corsair ICUE is installed (with the Asus plugin disabled)
Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)
Armoury Crate App Version 3.1.6.0
Here is the version info I can get from the Armoury Crate app under service version -> Check:
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate lite service 3.1.5
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.54
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_QSI_Azeroth_HAL 1.0.9.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3

To summarize what I think:
It seems like the uninstaller is possibly not uninstalling all HAL components and/or the installer is not installing all the needed components

Any Idea on what I can do to fix this or should I just wait for the next update and try that? I am also wondering if it is worth trying a reinstall of Windows or would that somehow cause even more problems with it?

Thanks,

UPDATE:
I was able to get my Motherboard, AIO, and Graphics card to appear again by running AacMBSetup.exe and AacVGASetup.exe (I had to copy of these files from the ROGSLiveTemp folder as they appeared during installation) and clicking uninstall from both and then running the old versions of those two installers from the legacy AuraSync Download on the ASUS site. It still shows an update for PRIME X570-PRO HAL that will not install, but the Motherboard, AIO, and Graphics Card lighting control works again. After this I did a complete-uninstall of it all then re-installed and it still show. But RAM still is not showing up.

Now the only update I see is PRIME X570-PRO HAL Version 1.1.14 (after clicking update the update button just re-appears

I am still unable to control my RAM and have noticed the following:

In Armoury Crate under Service Version -> Check, I have AURA DRAM Component 1.0.54 . Regardless of what I try I cannot seem to remove this components to try and install an older version like I did with the motherboard and graphics card. If I run AacSetup.exe (which says its for DRAM HAL) and click uninstall, the installer shows it as gone but it still appears in ArmouryCrate, the same goes for.

So I am led to believe that there is some trace of the DRAM component that is not being removed even when using the new Armoury Crate installer. If I can't figure out how to remove this, I will just try a reinstall of windows then downloading Armoury Crate again and see what happens. Any suggestions on how to completely remove the DRAM component so I can try reinstalling it or the older version?

After doing the above fix for my motherboard, AIO, and GPU here are the new Service Version Numbers:
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.2.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.9.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate lite service 3.1.5
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.24
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.68.0
AacVGA 0.0.3.0
KingstonDram 1.0.28
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.54
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3
8 REPLIES 8

Braegnok
Level 14
Personally doing a clean install of Windows is the best option, but first enter BIOS and disable automatic download of Armoury Crate.

Enter Advanced Mode, Click [Tool]-> Find the [ASUS Armoury Crate] the option of Download & Install Armoury Crate app is defaulted as Enabled, change to Disabled. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043788/

Awhile back with my Z390 rig I was having issues with Armoury Crate running several processes in the background when app was closed and you can not disable these processes using Task Manager, msconfig, unticking or using command line column or adding shell extensions to start autoruns, thus being unable to end/stop these processes was preventing Nvidia Control Panel from enabling SLI.

Software conflicts can be one of the most vexing problems to solve, if the interface is poorly defined, two applications requesting services that cause conflict,.. So basically only way for me to run SLI was a clean Windows install. I have not reinstalled the Armoury Crate app, most likely will not.

I'm having the same issues. I've tried everything, including reinstalling Windows. My Armoury Crate Aura section now sees all components, but Aura Creator doesn't see my RAM. When I turn my computer on and off, Armoury Crate "Sync Devices" nothing comes up. When I click on "Aura effects", the whole thing just crashes.

Losing patience with it, to be honest. Had all components for around 6 months now and all worked without issue. Tried playing on the PC yesterday and Armoury crate keeps crashing. It's never been particularly "good", but at least it used to work. Right now, however, it' doesn't even do that.

Maelstrom88 wrote:
I'm having the same issues. I've tried everything, including reinstalling Windows. My Armoury Crate Aura section now sees all components, but Aura Creator doesn't see my RAM. When I turn my computer on and off, Armoury Crate "Sync Devices" nothing comes up. When I click on "Aura effects", the whole thing just crashes.

Losing patience with it, to be honest. Had all components for around 6 months now and all worked without issue. Tried playing on the PC yesterday and Armoury crate keeps crashing. It's never been particularly "good", but at least it used to work. Right now, however, it' doesn't even do that.

MAELSTROM88
Agree with you. Nothing works but we have the Asus Team who are good at software .... hahahaha
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

@Monkeyman,

Out of interest what memory do you have? I think I have a work around on the issue.

I have G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB CL16 (Doubt the size and the latency is relevant here).

What I have done is download the G.Skill RGB app and unchecked "Memory" in the "Sync Devices" section of Aura Sync on Armoury Crate. I then manage the RGB for the memory via the G.Skill app. I think there's something wrong with the driver between the two.

Maelstrom88 wrote:
@Monkeyman,

Out of interest what memory do you have? I think I have a work around on the issue.

I have G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB CL16 (Doubt the size and the latency is relevant here).

What I have done is download the G.Skill RGB app and unchecked "Memory" in the "Sync Devices" section of Aura Sync on Armoury Crate. I then manage the RGB for the memory via the G.Skill app. I think there's something wrong with the driver between the two.

I also have the G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2 16GB Sticks). I tried installing the G.Skill RGB app but it does not detect the RAM either leading me to believe there is some shared thing (maybe a HAL component) that is not being properly uninstalled. The memory does not show up in the "Sync Devices" section in Armoury Crate so I cannot uncheck it.

The RGB is working on the RAM it is just in the default rainbow mode. So I do not think it is a hardware problem.

Psycrow
Level 11
I got exactly ur problems now !! Now my ram wont even show up for synch...
Did you just install these 2 mentioned exe fiels ?

Psycrow wrote:
I got exactly ur problems now !! Now my ram wont even show up for synch...
Did you just install these 2 mentioned exe fiels ?

To fix the ram not showing up I ended up having to reinstall Windows. That was a while ago though, so I don't know if there is a simpler solution now.

Psycrow
Level 11
I was gona do the same..but then i installed G skill lighting service and opened both programs, then suddenly my ram popped up on the synch device list !
But i could still not use the ram in creator...basicly i wasted a whole day uninstalling reinstalling and reading on forums and knock my head against the wall
while yelling about asus !!!

So my advise is..does it work 90 % then leave it be !!!