cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Armoury Crate Installing Edge Beta?

flagrant99
Level 7
I just noticed Edge Beta on my window. When I scan the web it says Armoury Crate installs this. Why?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/why-do-i-now-have-edge-beta-installed-on...
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
That linked thread is several years old. I can confirm that the current version of Crate does not need or install beta software. My system does not have it.

So if you have Edge beta installed and you don't want it, you can remove it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I couldn't just uninstall it from add/remove programs.

It was here

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{36805427-5E52-4EE4-8306-50F4E3F28A3B}\MicrosoftEdgeBetaEnterpriseX64.msi

Over on Microsoft they are saying armoury crate is installing it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/msedge_upgrade-msedge_win10/why-did-edge-bet...

I just don't get why armoury crate would want to install it.
Strange.

xeromist
Microsoft provides certain resources through its web browsers that developers use to develop software. So for ASUS to have web enabled components within Armoury Crate it would use the Microsoft provided resources rather than including a whole web browser within the Armoury Crate software. I don't know exactly why a beta was used at one time but it's likely because something ASUS needed wasn't included in the regular version.

But again, this was years ago. I have Armoury Crate and I do not have a file named MicrosoftEdgeBetaEnterpriseX64.msi on my system, I just double checked. So if you still have it from an old install and you want to get rid of it, do what the MS helper said and right-click>uninstall.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…