cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm done

ANGELDUST
Level 7
Next build is going to be MSI this is a joke, all this money invested in Asus and they can't get a simple lighting feature to work properly!
6 REPLIES 6

Snqk3
Level 10
Soon Windows 11 will be able to manage RGB 😉

Snqk3 wrote:
Soon Windows 11 will be able to manage RGB 😉

An incomplete solution at best, as it will require manufacturer participation for proprietary devices.

The big issue is that lighting (and fans) are only part of the problem. For example, I have a Ryujiin-II pump and Strix Animate-II keyboard, both of which can only be controlled via AC. And bios updates for them are distributed only via AC. That isn't going to be fixed by Microsoft adding RGB support to Windows.

If I knew how many problems AC would bring back when I was building this system, I would have chosen a different AIO and Keyboard. While both are great hardware, the near-constant string of AC "forced updates", update installation failures, and other bugs have made me question whether ASUS hardware is a good choice when it means living with AC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott wrote:
An incomplete solution at best, as it will require manufacturer participation for proprietary devices.

The big issue is that lighting (and fans) are only part of the problem. For example, I have a Ryujiin-II pump and Strix Animate-II keyboard, both of which can only be controlled via AC. And bios updates for them are distributed only via AC. That isn't going to be fixed by Microsoft adding RGB support to Windows.

If I knew how many problems AC would bring back when I was building this system, I would have chosen a different AIO and Keyboard. While both are great hardware, the near-constant string of AC "forced updates", update installation failures, and other bugs have made me question whether ASUS hardware is a good choice when it means living with AC.

Yes I made the same, took all my setup at ROG, but infortunatly it seems there is less money spend in software department than in hardware department...

emkdrl07
Level 10
ANGELDUST wrote:
Next build is going to be MSI this is a joke, all this money invested in Asus and they can't get a simple lighting feature to work properly!

you are absolutely right. I switched from MSI to ASUS 15 days ago. All my hardware is ASUS ROG (Motherboard, Graphic card, AIO, Mouse, MousePad, Keyboard, Case, PSU), I spent a lot of money but the Armory crate is really crap, I regret it so much.

Crasje
Level 12
See my autosignature for my current ROG stuff.

It's not just the lighting that doesn't work, every release there a new item. Now my ROG Mobo is recognized as hardware in Armoury Crate but when I select it, the configurator doesn't come up. Sometimes I see all my devices in the Aura Section, sometimes it times out. I have been an early adaptor*, but we are years further now and it still is extremely unreliable,

I just did a complete fresh installation of my PC to make sure I got rid of all old ROG drivers (like Keybot II), installed everything new and it worked!! Next Crate update.... not working again. I have spent so many hours in the past years installing, removing, searching the web for solutions, trying to get it working again it's almost ridiculous.

*my first AURA email is from 2017!!!

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

I've given up trying to get the RGB working properly in Armoury Crate, it's really not fit for purpose. I've 4 fans that all light up when i turn my PC on, as soon as Windows loads 2 of them stop working. Fed up resintalling AC only for it work for a couple of days before it's craps itself again, saw some updates the last time for a few of the services, updated them and my idle temps jumped to 65 degrees from it's normal 45-50 degree range. Needless to say i reverted back to the previous non working version. Microsoft's implementation of RGB support couldn't be any worse than Asus's abysmal effort...