cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Asus hardware, but..

nbtc971
Level 10
I've been buying Asus ROG motherboards, GPU's, etc, for years and been very happy with it. So a few years ago I decided I'd try out an Asus Monitor (ROG PG278QR), no problems. After that I go for a keyboard and mouse (ROG Strix Flare and the ROG Gladius II). That's where the problems begin. Keyboard lights going out on individual keys, mouse buttons too sensitive and of course Armoury Crate which is the reason I'm done.

I'm not going to sit here and bash the software any more, there is no point, but I wanted Asus to know that they lost a customer, at least as far as peripheral's go. Hopefully they can reverse course with their software and I can come back some day, but for now, go Roccat.
2 REPLIES 2

Englishman_Xper
Level 9
I will share the pain about Armoury Crate, and to some extent the Flare keyboard.

Had the same combo, Flare and Gladius II, the Flare was amazing, nothing bad super bling bling with the RGB but the Multimedia keys are its weak point, eventually I lost one before reaching the 2 yearr mark, luckily still under warranty. ASUS had a really nice support and eventually used the credit for a Claymore 2 with 3 year warranty, lets see.

The Gladius mouse is still around, had a problem with it but the culprit was Armoury Crate software. I wasn't thinking on replacing it but now I want the Gladius III Wireless to match the Keyboard.

Have RoG monitor, GPU, board, PSU, Throne QI, Arion and more. So far, SOLID!

I had lots of brands but my last 2 computers is ASUS branded as they usually last longer than other brands.

But I totally understand the rage agains Armoury Crate, I really do, its like playing lottery when updating, something will bug out. Its a nerve-wrecking process.

If the brand no longer suits you maybe its time to change the things a bit, I may have to do the same sometime.

RoG 6750XT Strix price for some reason is not coming down. Even a 6800 OC from other brands is cheaper than ASUS. Though buy for now.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please use the issue reporting thread, we can help you if you let us. I've noticed that you haven't completed any forms this year. If there is a misunderstanding, let me know.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130084-Armoury-Crate-v5-2-12-0-Aura-Creator-v3-4-3-0-Repor...

nbtc971 wrote:
I've been buying Asus ROG motherboards, GPU's, etc, for years and been very happy with it. So a few years ago I decided I'd try out an Asus Monitor (ROG PG278QR), no problems. After that I go for a keyboard and mouse (ROG Strix Flare and the ROG Gladius II). That's where the problems begin. Keyboard lights going out on individual keys, mouse buttons too sensitive and of course Armoury Crate which is the reason I'm done.

I'm not going to sit here and bash the software any more, there is no point, but I wanted Asus to know that they lost a customer, at least as far as peripheral's go. Hopefully they can reverse course with their software and I can come back some day, but for now, go Roccat.