cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant get Armory Crate to install properly [RESOLVED]

DJDUPONT
Level 8
I've tried repeated times to get Armory Crate and Aura installed and it just won't work for me.

Here's What happens:
Both programs install.
Armoury creat never boots up.
Aura boots up but it doesn't see any of the device or components, wont update.

Errors I've had:
Internet connection
AsI03.sys
0x800706BE installation Failed.

What I've tried
I've used the cleaner for the Armory crate.
CC to clear old registry stuff.
Downloaded Armoury Crate Beta from Windows App store. Boots up but is missing everything.
unblocked the zip file

Questions:
I've recently installed AI suite 3, I was reading there's also a cleaner for this, should I try running this?
I've read an article that says after restart you should give it 20-30 mins before trying to boot the programs?
should I install one at a time? Both together?

I've been battling this since September and I was hoping the recent update fixed it. If someone can kindly provide instructions to get both applications running it would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Titos
Level 9
on which machine?

Titos wrote:
on which machine?

Its a custom build z590 all ROG ASUS except GPU.

Â*

Jimbo93
Level 12
DJDUPONT wrote:
I've tried repeated times to get Armory Crate and Aura installed and it just won't work for me.

Here's What happens:
Both programs install.
Armoury creat never boots up.
Aura boots up but it doesn't see any of the device or components, wont update.

Errors I've had:
Internet connection
AsI03.sys
0x800706BE installation Failed.

What I've tried
I've used the cleaner for the Armory crate.
CC to clear old registry stuff.
Downloaded Armoury Crate Beta from Windows App store. Boots up but is missing everything.
unblocked the zip file

Questions:
I've recently installed AI suite 3, I was reading there's also a cleaner for this, should I try running this?
I've read an article that says after restart you should give it 20-30 mins before trying to boot the programs?
should I install one at a time? Both together?

I've been battling this since September and I was hoping the recent update fixed it. If someone can kindly provide instructions to get both applications running it would be appreciated.

Uninstalling AI Suite 3 and running the AI Suite 3 Cleaner might resolve your issue and allow Armoury Crate to install and detect your devices, yes it is worth a try. But if you have used registry cleaners or any kind of manual cleaning, you might just need to reinstall windows.

I have a thread which explains the problems and other possible fixes but it is very advanced and time consuming. Please note that any registry instructions at this link are an example and do not represent exact instructions for you to follow. You can contact me if you have any questions about this thread.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

If it's on a notebook I would suggest installing the offline pack first, and then upgrade.

The one named "Notebook Pack" here, https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/62-asus-install-packs
Its an older version, but it worked on my laptop. Then you can upgrade it by the built in upgrade tool

relevant! https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125881-G713QR-ES96-Strix-Notebook-quot-eSupport-quot-folde...

Jimbo93 wrote:
Uninstalling AI Suite 3 and running the AI Suite 3 Cleaner might resolve your issue and allow Armoury Crate to install and detect your devices, yes it is worth a try. But if you have used registry cleaners or any kind of manual cleaning, you might just need to reinstall windows.

I have a thread which explains the problems and other possible fixes but it is very advanced and time consuming. Please note that any registry instructions at this link are an example and do not represent exact instructions for you to follow. You can contact me if you have any questions about this thread.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

I reviewed the instructions , I’m an advanced user and I rather not have to reinstall windows , if this procedure works I’m going to attempt it.Â*

DJDUPONT wrote:
I reviewed the instructions , I’m an advanced user and I rather not have to reinstall windows , if this procedure works I’m going to attempt it.Â*

let me know if you have questions I’ll check back when time permits. Check the whole thread for additional tips, info.

Jimbo93 wrote:
let me know if you have questions I’ll check back when time permits. Check the whole thread for additional tips, info.

My man! This worked thank you so much! How can buy you a beer! 🤣 Â*

DJDUPONT wrote:
My man! This worked thank you so much! How can buy you a beer! 🤣 Â*

You did the work. Enjoy

Jimbo. I created this account just to say thank you.
It turned out I forgot to attach SATA power to my ARGB controller (punching myself in the face), which caused random flickering with random fans, and I was going mad trying to uninstall/reinstall AC and iCue and trying alternatives - ultimately AC would not uninstall, reinstall, or even start no matter what I tried.
After following your guide and simply killing the services in autoruns, removing the leftover folders, and clearing a few leftover software registry entries, I restarted, ran the uninstaller tool which was successful, restarted again, and was able to install and properly use Armoury Crate. It works again.
I apologize to Armoury Crate for cursing its name throughout the past 24 hours. It actually works just fine. Thanks Jimbo