cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access all drivers and software without Armoury Crate?

roger251
Level 8
I bought an ASUS mainboard and want to get all drivers that are available in Armoury Crate, including additional software like Two-Way-Noise Cancellation, etc.

On the other hand I don't want the rest of the garbage that makes up 80% of the bloatware package named Armoury Crate. I refuse to install that program, it adds dozens of processes, apps, services, it has a global screenreader that is always active and blocks my screenreader software I need for work, etc.

The support site only has a very limited number of drivers available for direct download. How can I get access to all software and drivers?
7 REPLIES 7

apocalyps3c0w
Level 7

I would also like this option to avoid all the bloatware and unnecessary processes it brings.

SunriseLV
Level 8

I am also interested in one time lighting setup without heavy software's running background

Nate152

I get all drivers from the ASUS Support Center except for the Nvidia driver. Depending on your headset, you will need Armoury Crate for Noise Cancelling and other audio control options.

Official Support | ASUS Global

I know this is an older thread but the drivers for things like keyboard and mouse direct you to install Armoury Crate. ASUS used to have separate files for those who do not want to install Armoury Crate. Maybe some of us like Asus keyboards and mice but we don't need all of the "advantages" that Armoury Crate offers. I really do not like it when a company forces software onto its customer base. It's enough to make some of the most hardcore ASUS users to find different products. ASUS really needs to bring back driver update options that DO NOT involve Armoury Crate.

viorel_ghita
Level 8

Please ASUS , we need separate drivers for mouse and keyboard . I dont wana use Armory Crate , it is very bad .

ROG Chakram X and some Rog Keyboard .

ProUser
Level 9

I absolutely agree on that, links to driver-packages should never be locked down in the BLOATWARE called AC...

I have only a policy on my, that i buy only ASUS MB, another hardware of them is not of interest for me...  Its pretty bad if ASUS-HW-buyers  are dependent on buggy software like AC. Better offer them modular drivers like any other company does.