cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU usage after updating to Armoury Crate 5.6.3.0 (RGB related)

Quasar2
Level 8

I've just updated to the latest AC version and noticed AacKingstronDramHal_x86 (RAM RGB thingy) is suddenly taking 2-3% constantly on idle. This is with a 12700F and an Asus TUF B660.

Back on the previous versions, this only used to spike when using an RGB effect, but would completely disappear with a static color. Now it doesn't matter what, it runs high all the time.

41 REPLIES 41

Cyrus_de_Vyrs
Level 7

CPU Usage peaks at about 9% sometimes.

5800X, Strix B550 A Gaming, Gladius 3 Wireless, Strix Scope NX Wireless Deluxe.

Keyboard sometimes has trouble syncing lighting after wake.

Great Hardware, crappy softwareScreenshot 2023-05-11 003532.png

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

We are still investigating, it would help if you guys let me know which memory modules you're using. Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 130439.png

Thanks! I think that might also be the cause why my CPU (Ryzen 7 5800x) runs at 60 degrees while idling. 

i use corsair rgb pro which needs aura sync plugin and icue for it to work in armoury crate. but it's not related to Memory,i turned off the memory in armoury crate and i disabled memory rgb and closed all icue(and corsair) services and it went back to hardware rgb  which does not interact with any type of software, the lighting service was still using 2-4% of my cpu on static color mode. it is the asus aura sync lighting service and it should use 0% of the cpu on static color mode. but now in the latest update it messed it up.

list of my rgb devices in the case: rog z690-a wifi d4 - rog LC ii 240 - rog rtx 3070 ti - halof mf 3 in 1 pack fans, lancool ii mesh 3 fans, corsair rgb pro memory (2 modules)

Running Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 here.

Crucial Ballistix RGB 8gb x 2 3600mhz

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC 10gb

Obt1mus
Level 9

I have the same issue, latest armoury crate 5.6.3.0 | X470-F motherboard. 
high cpu usage.pngScreenshot 2023-05-11 115054.png

Obt1mus
Level 9

Jump to 12-15% spikes CPU usage for me sometimes.... 

Obt1mus
Level 9

Not sure if that helps, but turning off ram sync also fixes the issue for me (see screenshot below) 
ram sync issue armoury crate.png