cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU usage after updating to Armoury Crate 5.6.3.0 (RGB related)

Quasar2
Level 8

I've just updated to the latest AC version and noticed AacKingstronDramHal_x86 (RAM RGB thingy) is suddenly taking 2-3% constantly on idle. This is with a 12700F and an Asus TUF B660.

Back on the previous versions, this only used to spike when using an RGB effect, but would completely disappear with a static color. Now it doesn't matter what, it runs high all the time.

41 REPLIES 41

You can find some important pinned posts in Promotions & General Discussions.

Okay, thanks will check it out

Sickthoughtz
Level 7

B550 Rog Strix F/5800x3d/G.Skill Trident Z 4x8 3600 cl18 user here, after the latest update lightning service now use 5-10% cpu even on static and turning off ram sync fixes the issue

Bogovix
Level 9

The same issue with HyperX DDR4 Predator RGB modules (HX446C19PB3AK2/16) here after updating to 5.6.3.0.

Turning off the lighting services completely doesn't make AacKingstronDramHal_x86 go away, but the CPU usage from it drops to 0.

akgis_
Level 10

Z790 Apex

13900KS

GSKILL Trident Z RGB 7800 DDR5

Disabling the RAM sync stops the CPU usage. As I have a Ryujin II AIO I cant kill the lightningservice else I dont get stuff on the oled.

neex
Level 7

I'm just here to pile on. My PC:

z690-a lga 1700
12thgen i7-127000KF
3090 STRIX
Team Group Inc. UD5-5600 16GB x2

My CPU spikes by ~2.4% for each synced device between the Graphics card and the memory.

LordSabathan
Level 9

Any update on this issue ?

akgis_
Level 10

@MasterC said he managed to reproduce, but after a month still no fix.

I been checking for updates almost daily on armoury crate, can we have a update?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

Good news guys, a fix is on the way. Just wanted to get a more accurate time frame before letting you guys know. The next update should be around 2 weeks away.

Thanks for the Info!