cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G732LW/5.0.10.0: Lost access to fan control/cpu/gpu

ProxyCell
Level 7
Is it normal to have no access to the fan/cpu/gpu settings now?
I'd really like to get them back again.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.10.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.8.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate service 5.0.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.3.0
24 REPLIES 24

ProxyCell
Level 7
It is worth adding that the keyboard buttons for FAN and the asus button do NOTHING now. Is there anyway to get them back?

Looks like a broken update. The first thing to try would be to use the Armoury Crate Uninstall tool followed by reinstalling.

Link to Armoury Crate Installer and Uninstaller https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Here is a thread that goes into detail about how i have fixed broken Armoury Crate installs in case you want to check it out. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

Jimbo93 wrote:
Looks like a broken update. The first thing to try would be to use the Armoury Crate Uninstall tool followed by reinstalling.

Link to Armoury Crate Installer and Uninstaller https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Here is a thread that goes into detail about how i have fixed broken Armoury Crate installs in case you want to check it out. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

Hey Jimbo93, thank you for that tip but unfortunately it seems that things have gotten much worse now...
I removed those reg entries and such and reinstalled AC but now it doesn't even detect my laptop as an aura device... so the lights have reverted to the default RAINBOW... Would you happen to have any other advice I could try out?

FYI - the thread title is incorrect, the laptop is a G732LW

So I launched the windows Event Viewer and found this:

Faulting application name: ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe, version: 5.0.4.0, time stamp: 0x619f3363
Faulting module name: AuraPlugin.dll_unloaded, version: 5.0.8.0, time stamp: 0x61a7007f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004e90f
Faulting process id: 0x2474
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7f65c5526610a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe
Faulting module path: AuraPlugin.dll
Report Id: 54693940-a5a7-4e94-9307-6fb25343369f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

ProxyCell wrote:
Hey Jimbo93, thank you for that tip but unfortunately it seems that things have gotten much worse now...
I removed those reg entries and such and reinstalled AC but now it doesn't even detect my laptop as an aura device... so the lights have reverted to the default RAINBOW... Would you happen to have any other advice I could try out?

Firstly, please run the Armoury Crate uninstaller 2 times with a reboot after each time. Then kindly report back
Does the uninstaller report success?
What errors are in the application event log after you have uninstalled and rebooted?
What asus processes are running after you used the uninstaller tool and rebooted? screen shots of the event log and task manager would be helpful.

So I ran the uninstaller twice, rebooted after each, no related errors in the Event Viewer.

Do any of these standout? Should be removed? Any that are missing?

So now when I press the ASUS key (the one that looks like an eye?) I will see this message pop up:

it is also worth mentioning that I have recently used that large Visual C++ installer which installs all of them!

Jimbo93 - I deeply appreciate your help with this man! Lets crush this together!

PMpndiode - I will absolutely give that a shot when I reinstall it but I have checked that area before and everything appeared to be good. I'll post the results!