cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Skill RAM RGB management

Snqk3
Level 10
Hello,
I can synchronise my RAM modules with Aura Sync, but if I want to manage their RGB in Armoury Crate without Aura Sync (like I can do with my mouse, for example), I can't (not appearing in devices list) :

Is it a "normal" operation ? Do I have to use G.Skill software to manage RAM RGB without Aura Sync ?

Thanks 🙂
26 REPLIES 26

By the way, RAM management is back in Aura Creator, without G.Skill software installation... Just an update after some launching of the application.

I don't even try to understand anymore...

Nate152
Ok, might have to start from scratch with the G.Skill software by reinstalling, if you have CCleaner installed, run that after uninstalling it.

If there are no updates at the update center, the red N is a notification to sync your profiles, at least that's what it is for me on all my devices. This makes it tough because I don't have an ROG cooler but....

To sync all profiles, first you want to unsync your ROG STRIX LC Series from Aura Sync.

In the Armoury Crate device list click on your ROG Strix LC Series, on the page where you can save profiles (if you have one) near the top right you should see three vertical little dots, click those and you should be able to sync your profiles.

I used my ROG Chakram X as an example, are you able to locate anything like this?

Example - 97032

Nate152 wrote:
Ok, might have to start from scratch with the G.Skill software by reinstalling, if you have CCleaner installed, run that after uninstalling it.

If there are no updates at the update center, the red N is a notification to sync your profiles, at least that's what it is for me on all my devices. This makes it tough because I don't have an ROG cooler but....

To sync all profiles, first you want to unsync your ROG STRIX LC Series from Aura Sync.

In the Armoury Crate device list click on your ROG Strix LC Series, on the page where you can save profiles (if you have one) near the top right you should see three vertical little dots, click those and you should be able to sync your profiles.

I used my ROG Chakram X as an example, are you able to locate anything like this?

Example - 97032

There is no profiles management for the LC 😄

I reinstalled Armoury Crate + Creator after another full uninstall with tool (and without reinstalling G Skill soft), but no more RAM in Creator (remember, before I install G Skill I had RAM management in Creator). In AC, no problem to add RAM in Aura Sync.

Honestly, ROG hardware is amazing, too bad there is not so much money in software department...

Nate152
Thank you for checking.

Another place to check for your ram...

Go to Aura sync, Sync devices tab. At the bottom, click Search for devices.

Any luck getting your ram to show?

pic - 97033

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you for checking.

Another place to check for your ram...

Go to Aura sync, Sync devices tab. At the bottom, click Search for devices.

Any luck getting your ram to show?

pic - 97033

No need to search because for Aura Sync the RAM are appearing in AC and I can check them for usage with Aura Sync.

I just tested a software named "SignalRGB". Even it's limited (and many of my ROG hardware are not supported), I can modify some hardware lightning I can't in Armoury Crate (example : leds of LC's fans). My RAMS are also manageable led by led in this software.

I think Armoury Crate / Aura Creator require a lot of improvements for lightning management.

OK, RAM are back in Creator.

This is what I did :

- AC and Creator uninstallation with tool
- Deletion of ASUS directories on C:\ which are no more used
- Disk Cleaning with Windows tool
- Installation of G Skill (I checked to not automatically launch app at startup)
- Reboot
- Installation of AC and Creator
- Test : no RAM in Creator
- Start the G Skill app one time (Creator alwaays opened at the same time) : RAM module update available and installed
- Stopped the G Skill App
- Restarted Creator : RAM are there

That's not perfect, I don't know why G Skill soft has to be installed to make RAM available in Creator while before after fresh Windows install I just needed ASUS softwares, but It will stay like that.

And for the moment no more "N" on the LC 😄

Nate152
All right, that's what we like to hear !

Thank you for providing your steps.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it is with all RGB ram, because of different manufacturers, you have to install their software.

But, I think it's good ASUS is able to let you control your RGB ram with Armoury Crate/Aura Creator.

Nice job getting it working, did you happen to catch what the red N was for and are you able to control the RGB on your ROG cooler fans?

After another another reinstall (to install Realtek Sound drivers without all these Sonic which are useless for me), the "N" is back again for my Strix LC. No firmware available and no profles management for this hardware. Anyways, I don't care, I'm tired of these erratic behaviors.

I'm not able to control led by led on the LC fans. The two fans on the radiator are connected to the same ARGB port on the motherboard (by a "Y" wire).

Maybe it's the cause Armoury Crate can't detect correctly the leds ?

I don't know if the Rog Strix LC II 240 ARGB is GEN1 or GEN2 but when I launch a detection for GEN2, nothing is detected (but leds are blinking) and for GEN1 I got that, which is absolutely useless (and by the way no information anywhere on the leds numbers of this product) :

I'm not even sure Armoury Crate is designed to manage led by led on these products. For example, on the ROG graphic card is written "REPUBLIC OF GAMERS" with leds in letters. In Aura Creator I can manage colors letter by letter, and not in Armoury Crate.

KneelbfZod
Level 9
With the latest Armory Crate update today, now my G.Skill RGB Ram has disappeared from Aura CREATOR. It is visible in Aura Sync, but not Creator. It worked yesterday perfectly fine. Uninstall/Reinstall did not fix it. 😞

Did you try to install G.Skill software ?