cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.skill ram not detected / stuck at rainbow w armory crate / any lighting software

RsdFnd
Level 7
I used to have no problem w my previous i7-8700 on ROG H370-i Mobo. Now with my new PC ( Ryzen 7 5700x on ROG B550-i), G.SKILL TridentZ Neo not detected and stuck at rainbow color. Not only with armory crate, but with any lighting softwares. I'm curious if this was actually the mobo problem or the BIOS version problem!
I've tried:-

1) Latest Armory Crate updates ver. 5.1.5.0
2) Latest B550-i BIOS updates ver. 2603
3) Complete reset Win11 w the very 1st software only the Armory Crate
4) Re-install my RAM

BUT no, nothing solve. All other RGB devices ok except for the RAM. I start to hate ROG now lol. Appreciate for the support. Thanks..
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Does clicking DRAM at the top left in red do anything?

When you installed windows 11, did you install the chipset driver?

How does device manager look, are there any missing drivers?

Nate152 wrote:
Does clicking DRAM at the top left in red do anything?

When you installed windows 11, did you install the chipset driver?

How does device manager look, are there any missing drivers?

Does clicking DRAM at the top left in red do anything? - Nothing, cannot be click / right click
When you installed windows 11, did you install the chipset driver? - Already installed from armory crates. All greyed out. no more driver required:
How does device manager look, are there any missing drivers? - No missing driver

SUPER STRANGE!..

Psycrow
Level 11
Im not sure if it helps but i also had problems with my G skill trident z royale ram showing up in armoury crate.
But i could use the g skill software you downloadet and change the rgb.

I tryed to reinstall g skill software several times until they suddenly appered in armoury crate.
Now i cant even unsynch em again 😄
They just want to be synched in armory crate.

Just try and uninstall g skill software and reinstall few times. Thats what people do and suddenly it works.
Alternative you can download Revo pro uninstaller that is free for 30 days no charge and seach for several ENE/HAL and G skill files and remove these.

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Here is a video that may help get your ram detected.

Done and still not working...my lighting service is at 0% in task manager lol.